Cranks

I_RIDE_ECHO!

not sure if they are definately the same size,but these echo 6061's are cracking cranks for the money,lasted longer than my tensile cranks (Y)

Have you still got the original cranks? Just measure from the middle of the crank bolt to the middle of the pedal axle.

i just brought the echo 6061 forged cranks off tartybikes and got them in 160mm for my mod and did think to myself they were a little short but im sure i'll get used to them over time :ermm: its all about personal preferance if you want more leverage go for the 170s i wish i did now <_< but the 160s should be fine (Y)

Normally Onza cranks are 158mm standard I believe.

Personally I've got 170mm cranks on my 20" bike. I find the little extra leverage helps me accelerate batter, which makes a great difference for the better when using short run-ups.

For me I'd say that 160 are only really a major advantage when riding super super techy stuff, maybe a uci competition where you need all the clearance you can get.

If I did run 160mm cranks I'd probably use an 18:13 gear ratio (a little easier than my current 18:12) to get back the quick acceleration. But that's probably because I have weedy-girly-legs!

But that's probably because I have weedy-girly-legs!

You said it :- !

For mod, I've always used 158 cranks with 18/12 gearing. If it's good enough for the likes of Ot Pi and Cesar Canas, it's good enough for me! But as has been said, it's down to preferance and whatever you get, you'll get used to it after about 20 minutes.

Dave

Well in the end i decided to go for 160mm! If you buy the echo forged cranks would it be different gearing if you left the freewheel on the hub and put the fixed cog on the front??? It would still be 12/18 but just the other way round right....? Because i can't really be bothered to take my freewheel off because it is a bit of a c**t to get off!!

CHIGS

Well in the end i decided to go for 160mm! If you buy the echo forged cranks would it be different gearing if you left the freewheel on the hub and put the fixed cog on the front??? It would still be 12/18 but just the other way round right....? Because i can't really be bothered to take my freewheel off because it is a bit of a c**t to get off!!

CHIGS

No no no no no. Think about it... If you put a 12T on the cranks and ran an 18T freewheel on the back (which I think is what you're getting at), the gearing would be so easy you would actually go nowhere. The only way of doing it is to get the freewheel off your cranks and onto the Echo's. Or, if it's just a cheap ACS or something just buy a new freewheel at the same time.

Dave

No no no no no. Think about it... If you put a 12T on the cranks and ran an 18T freewheel on the back (which I think is what you're getting at), the gearing would be so easy you would actually go nowhere. The only way of doing it is to get the freewheel off your cranks and onto the Echo's. Or, if it's just a cheap ACS or something just buy a new freewheel at the same time.

Dave

Oh ok then.... I thought that it would be the same but just the opposite way around, but obviously not!? I have just got a standard freewheel on the hub which i ment would be hard to get off! But i am ordering a tensile now enyway so i will have to take it off! Cheers anyway mate

CHIGS

Oh ok then.... I thought that it would be the same but just the opposite way around, but obviously not!? I have just got a standard freewheel on the hub which i ment would be hard to get off! But i am ordering a tensile now enyway so i will have to take it off! Cheers anyway mate

CHIGS

No worries. Basically to run an 18T freewheel on the rear hub, you'd need to be running a 27T on the cranks to get the same gearing as a standard 18/12 setup.

Dave

The tapers f***ed up on my Echo Forged (ISIS). Spend more and get some better cranks. I've got Try-All ISIS now :P

Longer cranks, More leaverage. But they are heavier. So if your a weight freak (like me) get shorter ones (although i got 170mm) :P

Wow, your really NEVER going to get validated...

Yeah he will. I did! I got validated in 5 days! (After getting unvalidated) :D

The tapers f***ed up on my Echo Forged (ISIS).

To be honest, you must've done something wrong to screw up ISIS splines... They may distort a little over time but should be almost impossible to truly destroy. I'm running the Echo Forged's on my Inspired and really like them. TryAll's will be no different in spline quality and I expect the material is virtually identical.

Anyway, hope you don't snap the Tensiles, Chigs... ;)

To be honest, you must've done something wrong to screw up ISIS splines... They may distort a little over time but should be almost impossible to truly destroy. I'm running the Echo Forged's on my Inspired and really like them. TryAll's will be no different in spline quality and I expect the material is virtually identical.

Anyway, hope you don't snap the Tensiles, Chigs... ;)

Well Andrew Chai and Steve Rodgers have both have problems with them. If you dont know. Andy is sponsored by Echo, and Steve is sponsored by Heatsink

So. it looks like a common fault.

Polyfiller fixed it on for a bit. :lol:

go for 160 because there for 20" and 170 are for 26"

HAHA! That is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard! Whats 175mm for then?