Petrol

boon racoon

whats the point of hauling loads of fuel now??

that would just waste the point of the strike.

They are striking to bring down fuel costs, but if you go and fill up every container in your house the oil companies will still make enough moeny not to worry about the strike

The idea is to not buy fuel and let the impact of drops in profits hit the oil companies and they will have the required leverage to sway the government.

I think everyone should be starved of fuel so they really get the message

I'm glad that people have started to realise that the cost of petrol is so high because of the goverment NOT the oil companies. Apparently 15% of the cost of fuel goes to the oil company, the other 85% is taken by the government, the highest rate of fuel duty in the world apparently. I doubt anything we do will change anything, its too much of a cash cow.

But Ash some states in america pay like 30c for a litre and we have to pay 1.10 thats whats not right, it's not the oil companies fault it's the governments .

1.10 on everything down here, who ever can invents the engine that runs on water will be the richest person alive

The hydrogen powered car has already been invented there are a few hydrogen run buses up here it's just there is no real safe way of storing hydrogen so whoever invents that will be pretty rich

But Ash some states in america pay like 30c for a litre and we have to pay 1.10 thats whats not right, it's not the oil companies fault it's the governments .

The hydrogen powered car has already been invented there are a few hydrogen run buses up here it's just there is no real safe way of storing hydrogen so whoever invents that will be pretty rich

isn't hydrogen incredibly reactive?

but i see your point about governments priorities.

american states should have to pay more. we shouldn't have to pay 4 times the price to save the planet when the americans dont have to worry and can continue contributing to global warming. i thought they would be after getting in the worlds good books after iraq

lol

i nearly invented a water powered car

but water takes too much energy to split, so there's be no return

fiddlesticks

dick'ed fuel prices, i lolled when i finally saw a new board at work with 3 digits instead of one, i wonder if they put the prices up to afford those? lmao

how can you guys bitch about a quid a litre of petrol thats had to be drilled for, drained, shipped, purified and transported to petrol pumps. some bottles of water costs more.

stop moaning, and start thinking of an alternative fuel

you obviously dont drive then ahah.

we moan cause this time last year it was bout 87p, plus more than half of what we pay goes straight to the goverment... which noone wants.

The Hydrogen powered car will work and all the technologies have been developed. Honda are just releasing a car which runs on fuel cells.

The issue is in the storing and transporting of Hydrogen to make it viable and safe for a mass market, like petrol is now.

It's the person who comes up with that solution that will be very, very rich!

Edited by boon

The Hydrogen powered car will work and all the technologies have been developed. Honda are just releasing a car which runs on fuel cells.

The issue is in the storing and transporting of Hydrogen to make it viable and safe for a mass market, like petrol is now.

It's the person who comes up with that solution that will be very, very rich!

I'll be rich when i finaly get the thermostat fixed on my coupe 2.6 tommorrow.

To be very honest Matt , if everyone was super effecient with what they had already it would be a better start.

if u understand???