Chris Akriggs Bars And Going Brakeless Riding

Rusevelt

i am way too old! lol :lol:

i think trials would be better set on its own level JUST like it can/is in "Trial" mag. i think there is more depth for it. ok 8 pages may not be alot but its better than a whole load of nothing.

just keep your eyes peeled for fun and "different" things in other magazines. its obv alot of people are "jipped" off at MBUK. but at the end of the day i dont see anyone else breaking into the mag :( i think that could be a fact.

i do disagree with the person who disagreed with the bit where i put chris was a bit superior to us all, as him riding a bike from the age of 3 or 4 and in trials/dh/freeride etc for a good 15 years (thats the whole time alot of people on this forum have been alive) to be "axed" at like that was really un fair and un called for. (IMO)

Wayne.

Just wonder if anyone has has tried to run a fixed front and rear sprocket so it rides like a uni-cycle? at least that way you can control your forward, backwards momentum. obviously it will be hard to get use to without the feel of a regular freewheel, but it will be the best way to attempt brakeless proper trials riding. backwheel hopping deathgrip style has been done before.

i have a little experience at this with my fixie, you can bunnyhop, you can kind of pedal hop and you can trackstand but because you can't bitch crank or coast it's pretty difficult doing anything really trialsy

It's obviously doable cos it's basically the same as uni-trials with 15lbs of added metal dangling off the front of your uinicycle - I'm just not sure it'd be more successful than riding a freewheel with no brakes

i do disagree with the person who disagreed with the bit where i put chris was a bit superior to us all, as him riding a bike from the age of 3 or 4 and in trials/dh/freeride etc for a good 15 years (thats the whole time alot of people on this forum have been alive) to be "axed" at like that was really un fair and un called for. (IMO)

Wayne.

I believe your words were 'far superior' not 'abit superior', just thought it was abit full on for braintree saying what he thought. But anyway in essence I agree with what your saying so doesn't matter.

Phil

Chris runs Pro2 trials rear hub.

Wayne.

Hmm, you would figure Akrigg going through a few Hope Pro2 hubs with his agressive riding nature! and one would figure aire valley cycles would supply akrigg with Chris King hubs. though akrigg is not usually fussy about whatever bike or gear he uses.