Ty80

michaelm9209

Hi Guys,

New to site, I have just bought my son a TY80 for his Christmas(his first bike).

The wee bike seams to be in good fettle with one problem.

The kickstart fowls on the footpeg and therefore won't allow a full kick (if the makes sence).

I called the guys at sammy millers and they told me to bend the footpeg back to allow full travle of the kick start.Unfortunatly the footpeg does not seem to bend back far enough to allow this to happen.

I know its dificltwithout seing the bike however question to you is

1) should the peg bend far enough back- is the peg the correct one.

2) should the kickstart have a bend on it allowing it to pass footpeg.current one is straight and one piece.

Thanking you in anticpation

michael

You should be able to lift the footpeg up if their pivoted, not recommended though, it had been done on my first TY250, and the kickstart had then hit the clutch case and cracked it, doesn't leak though, my brothers riding it now.

this happend to my old ty80 do not keep hitting the kick start onto the peg.... lift the peg up before you kick it..something went inside the engine but i cnt remember what will find out 2night for you!

hope this helped ste...

Edited by trials ste