Anyone Got Any Pics Of A Built Inspired 24?

giantwhore

I know a couple of 24" dudes run them, but just as a heads up to people - the Macneil Pivotal seat setup is being used by a shitload of manufacturers now, and with the Stump post and the new slim seats, they'd be awesome for trials. With a trimmed down seat-post, they literally weigh nothing, and don't look as f**k-ugly as most of the seats on this page so far have done :P

However, as far as I'm aware, there are currently no manufacturers making stump pivotal posts in 27.2... and I'd rather wait to do it properly than fanny round with shims... Plus, you're soooo behind the times OBM- those are last years SL saddles. Damn, man, keep with the times ;)

Dave

O RLY? I know that's the OG one, but I turned an OG pivotal post into a Stump using a tiny file easily enough. The metal's really soft, so it's easy to shape it.

I know those are last years, but they're still the ones in shops at the moment, and that black/black one looks sweet ;)

O RLY? I know that's the OG one, but I turned an OG pivotal post into a Stump using a tiny file easily enough. The metal's really soft, so it's easy to shape it.

I know those are last years, but they're still the ones in shops at the moment, and that black/black one looks sweet ;)

Yeah, I've seen the DMR and Macneil themselves do their standard post in 27.2, but proper stumpy's aren't yet available. I'd rather wait and get a proper one than spend £25 and then start hacking at it to make it into a bodged stumpy. The '08 SL's are pretty sweet too though, both the all black and all white are rather noice... would also like to see what an Animal Bikes pivotal looks like in the flesh...

They're pretty nice. Relatively small, quite angular shape when you look down from above. If it's gonna be slammed though, don't go above a Capitol or SL 'cos it'll just be a bit too big.

Honestly - mod'ing a OG to a stump is really easy. If you know someone who's handy with a lathe or something (or if you are), it's a piece of piss. If I, the most inept person in the world at cutting/filing/trimming, can do a good job of it, so can you :P Plus it's gonna be hidden inside your frame anyway so no-one will see (Y) But yeah, I guess I can see where you're coming from, but I thought most trials riders these days spent a shitload on parts then have to mod/drill/file them to make them into what the manufacturer should've produced in the first place ;)

Or you could run a 25.4 to 27.2 shim? Its not exactly like they weigh anything atall, and you could even file the lip away and make in unoticable. although there might then be some issues when you undo the clamp. The lip is un noticable really though anyway as it sits flush with the lip on the seat clamp. If I get one to replace my zoot one day then i would just shim it (if i didnt already have an ECCD lying around)