74 Kingz Tensioner

Andrex

Hi, I've had this tensioner for about two weeks nd its has gone weird. The chain heavily rubs on the tensioner, it tensions the chain but it is really stiff to pedal. My chain won't go any shorter and it wouldn't work if it was longer. Could this be my chain or the tensioner or something else? cheers

Looks metal to me?

Anyways,

1: Oil your chain

2: Try and flatten out the 'roller' part. You have a sharp angle on the end of it which would cause unwanted friction.

i can't really flatten it out because every time I do it will just move back when i pedal, even though the bolts are done up tight

is it a new chain? when i got a new chain it was either really long like that or too short....but i gave it a few days (kept skipping :S) and then i was able to get a link out...was still really tight though..

now it's stretched a bit more it's fine (Y)

so...go do some static stuff that doesn't involve rolling anywhere (or else it skips like a beasty b*****d..)

Hi, I've had this tensioner for about two weeks nd its has gone weird. The chain heavily rubs on the tensioner, it tensions the chain but it is really stiff to pedal. My chain won't go any shorter and it wouldn't work if it was longer. Could this be my chain or the tensioner or something else? cheers

Are you running the springs that came with the tensioner? if so go buy some Eclipse hack saw blades (the LIGHT BLUE ONES!) and customize the spring lenght, mines at 100mm and i got 18:16 gearing on a T-rex. remember to double up the springs also. (Y)

hope this helps

Harry

Are you running the springs that came with the tensioner? if so go buy some Eclipse hack saw blades (the LIGHT BLUE ONES!) and customize the spring lenght, mines at 100mm and i got 18:16 gearing on a T-rex. remember to double up the springs also. (Y)

hope this helps

Harry

yeah I've got the normal ones, I'll try that How much are the blades, I'm assuming I can get them from any DIY store.