Freewheeel Or Tensioner

john.p

Hey Hey Hey

Whats the diffrence between a freewheel and an tesioner ?? I think its them two oh welll i will see if i get feedback . Sorry if anything is spelt wrong i carnt find the spell checker

From JP

Edited by john.p

Freewheel: ratchet based system ( usually ) on a bike that lets the bike freewheel ( hence the name )

tensionre: Tensions the chain when running Single speed, or can provide additional tension in a geared system to stop drivetrain from skipping

ok thank you im new at trials and i just wonderd what they were up first i thought they were the same thing

If you still dont get it its basically the cog that allows the chain to go one way but not the other. Most bikes have them on the rear hub but some trials bikes have them on the front.

Lets jsut say if you did not have one when you stopped pedaling the wheel would just lock.

Hope this clears things up a bit it you had not already grasped it.

Dont worry about that we all learned sometime mate!

What bike you ride?

i ride a freshly sprayed echo pure 04 looks amazing rides amazing some of the spec :

echo pure frame

hs 33 back

avid mech front disc

echo bars (not sure what type)

monty stem

some wheels

middel burn crank

dmr v8 peddels

hope pro 2 ( i think i know its hope) front hub

dmr crappy tensioner echo forks

there you go i hope to go for one of these rides one day just so i can meet new people!!

i am new though i carnt pause hop yet i can side hop ,get up on walls easy !

from jp

i ride a freshly sprayed echo pure 04 looks amazing rides amazing some of the spec :

echo pure frame

hs 33 back

avid mech front disc

echo bars (not sure what type)

monty stem

some wheels

middel burn crank

dmr v8 peddels

hope pro 2 ( i think i know its hope) front hub

dmr crappy tensioner echo forks

there you go i hope to go for one of these rides one day just so i can meet new people!!

i am new though i carnt pause hop yet i can side hop ,get up on walls easy !

from jp

Dont use the term pause hop use static hop!

Good set up!

Dont use the term pause hop use static hop!

Good set up!

ok then i need help learning to static hop ! yer i think its a good set up and its my starter bike so im quite proud i will put some picks up when i have my stem back some how i made my stem only have 1 bolt through so some ones tapping it and putting a bolt through hopefully it will be safer

ok then i need help learning to static hop ! yer i think its a good set up and its my starter bike so im quite proud i will put some picks up when i have my stem back some how i made my stem only have 1 bolt through so some ones tapping it and putting a bolt through hopefully it will be safer

Go on youtube and type in ryan leech tutorials!

Or

www.Trashzen.com (beast of a website)

Hope i helped!

Echo.Josh

X-x-X

Edited by echo.josh

No it's not, age is no reason to be illiterate ( to a degree) i'm almost 16 and still can't manage a full sentence without a mistake where as there are some people younger than me that can spell much better than me.

yer i just carnt spell some words and make a full sentence properly!!

from jp