Tf Video Upload Finished. Well Stage 1 Anyway

tomturd

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/index.php?autocom=video

File Limit is set to 100mb, no limit on number of files. Its all very simple so far.

See if you can upload for a start :S Let me know what you think.

Future plans

• individual user video pages, instead of 1 long list
  • paginate lists
  • convert videos to flv (you tube stylee)
  • stats etc

Edit, already found a bug.. file not showing as uploaded, even though it is.... will wait and see if this is happening to everyone though

Will this not make the forum very slow?

Nope. Apache is very efficient with CPU time spend uploading & downloading. We have a 100mbit connection, which should suffice for our needs - I doubt at the moment we really ever hit 10mbit. And our server is a bit of a beast.. :P

Can anyone else see the Upload Form as well as a list of files?.. or is it just me :S

See if you can upload for a start :S Let me know what you think.

Can't see anywhere to upload yet if you meant that?

edit: what's the name of the trialskings guy tapping that box ?

If that wasn't a joke, thats Danny Holroyd in the early days, followed by a shot of Adam.

The videos work fine though (Y)

Olly.

Can't see anywhere to upload yet if you meant that?

If that wasn't a joke, thats Danny Holroyd in the early days, followed by a shot of Adam.

The videos work fine though (Y)

Olly.

Haven't set it for SMs to be able to use it yet (too lazy!) will do soon.

Have any members tried to upload a video yet? Anyone fancy trying (doesnt matter what video)?

Do you want Trials-Shack code? Not much use to me. Not entirely sure what you could use it for, although video screen shots might be of interested. It's all pretty basic object stuff so if you want you could only have the screen shot class.

Do you want Trials-Shack code? Not much use to me. Not entirely sure what you could use it for, although video screen shots might be of interested. It's all pretty basic object stuff so if you want you could only have the screen shot class.

Appreciate the offer :)

Got the screenshot thing sorted I think, just need to install ffmpeg and mencoder and stuff (was tested on a server with all that stuff installed). Seems to not be toooo difficult. I'd take the code, but I don't think it'd be much use to be honest, I'm using IPBs style of code to integrate it properly, and its pretty specific :(

Fat Pants, your video is showing up now. That 1 bug sorted..

All bugs ironed out so far I think.

Now you can delete and edit videos (to add a proper title and/or music details.

100mb limit on each file, no limit at the moment on how many videos you can upload, doubt there will be until the servers full, which is a long way off yet.

Suggestions welcome.. :)

post-2-1195663551_thumb.jpg

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/videos/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.59 OpenSSL/0.9.7a FrontPage/5.0.2.2634 PHP/5.2.2 mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.5 Server at www.trials-forum.co.uk Port 80

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Keep getting that, can't download any of the vids.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/videos/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.0.59 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.59 OpenSSL/0.9.7a FrontPage/5.0.2.2634 PHP/5.2.2 mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.5 Server at www.trials-forum.co.uk Port 80

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Keep getting that, can't download any of the vids.

Whoops, fixed now :)