Gu Frame Painting

Henrik Y

looks nice, but after all its a trials frame or you going to put it on a wall??

I've been thinkng about it.

No, I know it's a little to much for a trial frame but I just do it for practice and I wanted to try a few things that I was thinking about to do on my MC. And it was a good thing to try some gold leafing on.

Edited by Henrik Y

I've been thinkng about it.

No, I know it's a little to much for a trial frame but I just do it for practice and I wanted to try a few things that I was thinking about to do on my MC. And it was a good thing to try some gold leafing on.

What motorbike do you have? Make sure to post that up when it's done- you have a real talent from the looks of things!

How long have you been spraying for? You look like you know what your doing.

Hehe, I have painted my MC but thats all experience I have. What make it so good(I'm a little surprised myself) I think is watching a programs on DiscoveryCH when thay paint cars and bikes and my dad has been painting few mailboxes and my brother has recently finished a carpainting education. So I can ask my brother about the paints and how they have to be handled.

But the I don't know how it will go for the gold leaf because the laquere that are used for "gluing" the gold on to the surface my not be compatible with the clearcoat and rise. If that would happen then I have to sand it of and redo it. But then I will try using clear coat as glue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know it doesn't looks so good but here comes new pics with a few new parts. The new hub, brake clamps in gold and rim-tape in orange made it look a little better but I would like to have a green front rim with a gold hub then it would look much better. But I'm saving for a 24" so that has to wait.

And the colors blend together better then the pic shows. The camera makes the pearl purple come out to much and the green lights up very much too.

Here is a few pics with the new parts and better light. You may still not like it but I think you like it a little more at least, I hope :(

post-15818-1200094671_thumb.jpg

post-15818-1200094681_thumb.jpg

A new front wheel with matching colors is next on the wish list for this bike. I would like to repaint the cranks in green, but now I'm back in Osby to study so I can't do that right now.

Looks mint, what are those cranks :o

The cranks are "roox dhs" http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/oldercranks/product_86675.shtml

They are very light and i like them except the color. If i remember right they weight about 200-210gr each. They are much lighter then the zoo, gu and echo cranks that weight 530gr a pair.