24inch Bike

Tom_

Right, currently i ride a mod, which is fine I think its great real small and chuckable. Iv been on a few differnt stocks and find them pretty nice, they are more stable and i feel abit more confident, just find it abit harder getting up stuff etc.

Now I would also be quite into mixing my riding up abit, not just pogoing around on the back wheel, for a year or so i rode street/park on a 24inch dmr with a mixture or suspension and high rigids and really enjoyed it just started finding it abit boring...

Now im thinking what with there being more and more nice 24inch frames on the market (namley inspired and 24uk) maybe it would be worth considering getting one, that way i could ride street etc. and maybe mix it up abit at the skatepark aswell *although mostly street/trials* My main questions aree, how do people that have ridden them find them for "real" trials? also what gearing are people running on them? I was considering running gears to make it abit more versatile (if i needed speed rather than low gearing) also i wouldnt look a tit riding places.

its just a thought and im not to sure but i figured it maybe a nice compramise and alow abit more mixing up as i do have a few bits n bobs i learnt on my tranny and i still enjoy riding it somtimes but find it heavy/hard to ride.

cheersx

.... how do people that have ridden them find them for "real" trials?

cheersx

Hi,

German International rider Felix told me that it was just as easy to do the usually trials moves on his 24UK, but that the bike had the added bonus of being more flickable than a stock, which allowed for more imaginative riding :)

Here's some footage of him in action:

Steve

I reckon a short 24" is probably never going to be as good as a Zoo pogo stick for sidehops. But really, who cares? You'll probably lose an inch or two max, and if you're the kind of person that is worried about that then don't get a 24.

You can put gears on a 24 but you are limited by the 20/22t front ring (unless you go bigger of course). I've got a 20:16 and a 20:12 which is still pretty slow for getting about. I guess you could get a 28t front ring or something (28:22 would give nearly the same ratio as 20:16 for trials, and you could have 28:12 for razzing about with).

There's no real reason not to give it a try if you want to - except that it would me buying a whole new bike.

I reckon a short 24" is probably never going to be as good as a Zoo pogo stick for sidehops. But really, who cares? You'll probably lose an inch or two max, and if you're the kind of person that is worried about that then don't get a 24.

you say that but that wanker dave marshall was out sidehopping everyone in poole on his zoot

you say that but that wanker dave marshall was out sidehopping everyone in poole on his zoot

:P

I'm really happy with the Zoot geo- feel like I can mess around with spinny streety type stuff but can also keep up with most when it comes to 'proper' trials.

I'm running 18/14 with 165 cranks which was a little harder than I'm used to for trials but have got used to it and am happy with it.

Dave

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

Personally, although they may be as good for trialsy stuff, as many people have said, I reacon trials moves like in felix's vid just look very very wrong on a 24". The riding was great but something about it just looked horrible to me because of the size and shape of a 24".

But doesn't matter what it looks like I suppose its all about how it rides.

Phil

Whats the Geo on the 24uk? and anyone know when the mk.2 will be around? Im wanting one pretty bad now and im very impatient :P

24ukfronts.jpg

Here's the Geo for the 24UK:

Wheel Base: 1025mm

Headangle: 73 degrees

BB rise: + 25 mm

Chain stays: 385mm

Rear brake mount: Magura 4 bolt mount

Max rear tyre width: 2.6 inches

Material: 7020 Aluminium

Colours: (Silver, Metallic Blue, Black & White are all out of stock)

Seat tube internal Dia: 30.9mm

Weight: 1.974 kg (4.35lbs) including stickers & mech hanger

Warrenty: 6 months against defects in manufacture and workmanship.

Note: The geometry above is very similar to the Ashton ET geo, the break through frame for the 24" genre.

All the 24UK info is available on my website too. I must admit to not updating it recently due to being so busy!

There are some frames coming mid-Dec. Please email for more details to: Steve@heatsinkbikes.com

Steve