The Halfords Topic

Matthew_Gibson

Bloody halfords crap. I bought a new ariel for my car on Saturday, just gone out for lunch and its snapped in half! I seriously doubt it was done by a person as there is no evidence of bends where it has been forced and the snap is clean and round.

I think there was a fault (hairline fracture?) to begin with. Its a good thing I don't clean my car out often as I've got the original packing and receipt - so this evening I will go and complain :)

Not really for the 'Halfords Thread' but nevermind :)

Bloody halfords crap. I bought a new ariel for my car on Saturday, just gone out for lunch and its snapped in half! I seriously doubt it was done by a person as there is no evidence of bends where it has been forced and the snap is clean and round.

I think there was a fault (hairline fracture?) to begin with. Its a good thing I don't clean my car out often as I've got the original packing and receipt - so this evening I will go and complain :)

Not really for the 'Halfords Thread' but nevermind :)

Not halfords fault to be fair?? the product itself.... Did you fit it your self?

Not halfords fault to be fair?? the product itself.... Did you fit it your self?

It was their product and its lasted 4 days...so unless I have to buy a new ariel every 4 days, it seems pretty faulty to me :)

I did fit it myself...but the fitting is fine, its the actual mass which has broken.

The only possibility for this is the weather...but if it snaps at winds lower than if I was travelling at 70-80mph, then thank god it snapped in the car park and not on the motorway were it could have caused injury/death.

And of course it was halfords fault. It was manufactured by an authorised manufacture FOR halfords and they should take responsibility for the products on their shelves. If halfords don't take responsibilty, who will?

Edited by anzo

It was their product and its lasted 4 days...so unless I have to buy a new ariel every 4 days, it seems pretty faulty to me :)

I did fit it myself...but the fitting is fine, its the actual mass which has broken.

The only possibility for this is the weather...but if it snaps at winds lower than if I was travelling at 70-80mph, then thank god it snapped in the car park and not on the motorway were it could have caused injury/death.

And of course it was halfords fault. It was manufactured by an authorised manufacture FOR halfords and they should take responsibility for the products on their shelves. If halfords don't take responsibilty, who will?

Did i say they won't take responsibility? OFC they will issue you a refund or replacement. Halfords are a multi billion company, but it just annoys me when people slag of "HALFORDS" in general, cus every store is like that...... So it is obvioously halfords fault, could you not have damaged/weakened the product whilst fitting it. Are you trained in fitting this product? Do you have a certificate? I doubt it. Don't just slag halfords off before you actually sorted the problem. Things happen, deal with them. Anyway rant over.

Are you trained in fitting this product? Do you have a certificate? I doubt it. Don't just slag halfords off before you actually sorted the problem. Things happen, deal with them. Anyway rant over.

Unfortunately I don't have a PHd in ariel fitting. Seriously, its one bolt though your roof; hardly MENSA material. You couldn't seriously expect me to pay a mechanic and find a communications expert to assess it?

And secondly, I couldn't have weakened the product. I unscrewed the mast (which has snapped) and fitted it all. The fitting is sound and secure; it is JUST the mast which as snapped.

And lastly..."Halfords are a multi billion company, but it just annoys me when people slag of "HALFORDS" in general, cus every store is like that"....what?

Things happen, deal with them.

I am...And talking of dealing with things, try dealing with your attitude.

Did i say they won't take responsibility? OFC they will issue you a refund or replacement. Halfords are a multi billion company, but it just annoys me when people slag of "HALFORDS" in general, cus every store is like that...... So it is obvioously halfords fault, could you not have damaged/weakened the product whilst fitting it. Are you trained in fitting this product? Do you have a certificate? I doubt it. Don't just slag halfords off before you actually sorted the problem. Things happen, deal with them. Anyway rant over.

I can't beleive your actually trying to argue that you need a certificate in order to fit an ariel. halfords ariels have fitting instructions on the box (or at least mine did) they also don't say that you should have a qualified mechanic fit your ariel.

halfords has a turn over of around £578 million, they are in no way a multi billion pound company but i'm sure they can afford to replace an ariel so i don't know what your getting at with that.

People slag halfords because 9/10 the service is poor, the products are over priced and most of the staff are untrained.

There is no doubt that halfords is very succesful as a company, no one can slag that, but the individual shops usually suck

Most people say Halfords is bad for customer service, but to be honest just because someone works in Halfords it doesn't necessarily mean they know everything about cars or sat navs or bikes, obviously everyone has their own department but for kids of my age just working part time to earn some money (in Bikehut), I'm not exactly going to know a lot about cars.

I was selling the new xt920 today thinking they were something stupid like £150 and when i went to look how many we have, we are selling them at £299.99 :o overpriced or what!

That price will be dropped next week, they only put them at that price for a week, so when they some down people think there getting a bargin

Im going in on satuday for a job... you recon there is any chance they will take me on at 15 ?

Passport, birth certificate just to make sure

The ariel thing, just 'cos your one snapped, doesn't mean to say that every one snaps, it was just a bad one. There was more to this argument but i cba to type it now and i can't think 'cos i'm tired.

Halfords is going good, been 7 months now.

Anyone seen the Banshee XXX? I'm disappointed, i'm sure it's actually good, but doesn't look it.

so what can i expect in a second interview never had a 2nd one. :S

I'd expect the question. What do you think makes you better suited to the job than the other candidates?

if that happens then you need to pick up on your qualitys. Talk of your experience and also add that your a very fast learner and stuff like that. aslong as your cv backs all that up then you'll be fine.

Its alrite man, they'll eventually get one with your name on, I had "Edward" for a couple of weeks.

I think my 3 months has finally been done so they need to review me and see if they actually want me or not.

Nothing ever happened after 3 months for me. I didn't do part 2 of that thick booklet thing either... Must be cos i'm so good :P Yeah... They just let me get on with it i think. Or may have forgotten about me lol.