Khe.

Conor.N

they are renowned to get stiff but they shouldnt be stiff when u get them straight away, maybe needs an oil?

yeah well its not second hand and i have oiled it twice now with alot.... of oil :( its gay.

I dont really want to have to get it replaced.

Edit: i just gave adam a ring im going to have a play with it and see if it wears itself out :)

Edited by Conor.N

Why would a stiff link cause you loss of teeth :S

If your not a complete arse and keep your chain tensioned properly stiff links wont matter at all.

Your wrong buddy :( when the chain goes round becuase there are stiff links it causes the chain to go over the top of the sprocket insted of on the teeth of the sprocket causing me to loose engagment, could end very bad if it happend whilst i was doing a drop :(

Get some gt85 and coat the chain in it, ride it for a bit and repeat.... is what i did with mine

usually youll get stiff links from going to bash and hitting the chain slightly

and its not going to skip with the stiff links in it

Edited by afroman

lol at everyone saying "oooo send it back" lmao it's a chain, mine and two mates have both got stiff links, just keep it lubed, not really that difficult...your better off with the KHE over a KMC anyway! hmmmm a strong chain with a few stiff links or a weak chain that doesn't need lubing so often and is about 100000 more times likely to snap.

gt85 is pretty good, also tf2 is realy good, its what we use in our local bike shop and kicks ass, also if you go to a decent bike shop you can get 'dry lube' which is realy good and lasts for a while... but khes will go stiff if not lubed and especialy if your chain line isnt strait or the chain is quite tight... i also found the black ones go stiffer quicker probs due to the extra layer of paint making it a bit stiffer... lol and dont get a kmc... i used to snap one about every 3 weeks lol my last khe lasted me like 2 months lol theyre a hell of a lot stronger

Your wrong buddy :( when the chain goes round becuase there are stiff links it causes the chain to go over the top of the sprocket insted of on the teeth of the sprocket causing me to loose engagment, could end very bad if it happend whilst i was doing a drop :(

Surely if your chains tensioned well enough it wont be able to move :)

Obviously this wouldnt be the case on a stock witha sprung tenioner.

Shoukld have listened to him

and me!

I had no trouble with mine, I only oils it once or twice!!

What and risk losing his face Again? It snapped on a gap and he went face first into a flower bed missing the wall with his face by a couple of inches.

Edited by max-t

What and risk losing his face Again? It snapped on a gap and he went face first into a flower bed missing the wall with his face by a couple of inches.

f**k me that shit me up alot!

True though he was very lucky to avoid injury and it could have been serious.

Proberly just a fault in the chain that cant be help.

See if tarty can do something because it was faulty from day 1.

They will be understanding about it.

Echo.Josh

X-x-X

P.s see you at 8