Tensiles!

Ryan.

old ones where worse as far as i no

if there are 2 tensiles, urbans and the other ones, ive got the other ones and i just snapped non driveside by only doing a gap. didnt hit anything just a flat gap.

those are about 2 year old though and i find them really stiff so cant really grumble at 1/2 price replacement

Funny this, All these people snapping their Tensiles. Its surprise how little people get in touch to get them under warranty or a half price replacement. You look at people like Danny Butler, Marc Caisso, Ben Slinger have been running them for years without braking theirs. Company's like Atomz and BT spec them on their bikes and they seem to like them over any other crank. Its funny that about 18 months ago I was reading a Thread on how amazing they were, and that they were ***.

Without a single change to the design this sort of thread develops. :unsure:

Funny this, All these people snapping their Tensiles. Its surprise how little people get in touch to get them under warranty or a half price replacement. You look at people like Danny Butler, Marc Caisso, Ben Slinger have been running them for years without braking theirs. Company's like Atomz and BT spec them on their bikes and they seem to like them over any other crank. Its funny that about 18 months ago I was reading a Thread on how amazing they were, and that they were ***.

Right, but the people listed above all use them for comps...

Just out of interest Joe, are there any plans on re-designing the Tensiles for '08 or sometime in the near future? Thought it'd be a smart move to bring out some new street/urban cranks (maybe just a slightly beefed up version) for all these beefcakes.

Right, but the people listed above all use them for comps...

They have 1 set of cranks. Comp, street or training.

Just out of interest Joe, are there any plans on re-designing the Tensiles for '08 or sometime in the near future? Thought it'd be a smart move to bring out some new street/urban cranks (maybe just a slightly beefed up version) for all these beefcakes.

Maybe, But the market in cranks is getting a little crowded. Still think the original is good enough though. what could you do? Make them thicker? who on here would change their mind if they were thicker?

thanks for the interest though Scopse.

You look at people like Danny Butler, Marc Caisso, Ben Slinger have been running them for years without braking theirs.

Surely though the problem with cranks breaking is a quality control issue, not from over-use. I reckon any decent crank will last fine, as long as there aren't defects in the material.

I don't understand why people don't use Middleburns any more :(

All of them riders are hardly harsh at all like half the fat street riders on here, and you cant tell me that they have been running the same pair for years im sure that every so often most parts on there bike will be replaced with new ones, especially before big competitions. And have you thought why so many people dont ask for replacement, because why would they wont another pair of cranks that they are more than likely to snap again. I think that eventually you will be forced to change the design because word is now that so many snap and also with so many people favouring deng components that few people will buy tensiles unless they come on a full build they buy.

I have to say i meself got rid of mine as i they where getting old and thought it was best to be safe.

edit: probly because so many people like the front freewheel design and the only way of running 18th on a middleburn is the heatsink bash. If middleburn made the cranks into ffz cranks i dont think anyone would use any other cranks they would people even more amazing.

Edited by basher

Well if it is then its warranty, But I can assure you we have had less then 5 cranks back this year for warranty or half price.

I have to say i meself got rid of mine as i they where getting old and thought it was best to be safe.

So you didn't actually snap yours then?

Edited by Joe@Onza

My tensiles have been very good, i had them since the start of the year, have done a full comp season on the same tensile cranks, bash ring and freewheel, ive also ridden a fair bit of street this year, i really did batter them but they stood up to it. I sent them back the other day for the half price replacement with the ends cut off to save postage weight lol. The 1/2 price replacement scheme is a great idea. More people should use it if they have broken their tensiles or like me wanted a new set.

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Nov 5 2007, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My tensiles have been very good, i had them since the start of the year, have done a full comp season on the same tensile cranks, bash ring and freewheel, ive also ridden a fair bit of street this year, i really did batter them but they stood up to it. I sent them back the other day for the half price replacement with the ends cut off to save postage weight lol. The 1/2 price replacement scheme is a great idea. More people should use it if they have broken their tensiles or like me wanted a new set.

So you dont have to actually snap them to get the replacement offer?

Assuming you snapped them before the warranty period, you should get a no-questions-asked free replacement. though judging by the condition of your cranks, i imagine youve given them plenty of right-footed trials anger management. never the less, that is still a dangerous situation for a bike part to fail...second only to a snapped chain.

QUOTE (hugh_b @ Nov 5 2007, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nope, no questions asked, if you want new ones because yours are battered you can just send them back and get a new set half price. -Hugh

Im sorry but i cant see that being true, if i rang up supercycles and said i got a pair of tensiles there bit battered but completely fine and i fancy some new ones can i have half price replacement i should think they will laff at me. People will be sending them back every 6month or so for new pairs.

Im sorry but i cant see that being true, if i rang up supercycles and said i got a pair of tensiles there bit battered but completely fine and i fancy some new ones can i have half price replacement i should think they will laff at me. People will be sending them back every 6month or so for new pairs.

well considering thats what i did, it must be the case, i said i just wanted a new set down the phone and thats what the policy is there for. They didn't even ask for a reciept. Top guy's at onza! :)

Hugh is right.

As long as we receive the originals back then we just replace for half price. even if you just think you have too many scuffs on them to see your pretty little face's in them anymore. ;)

He is a good question, Any one who is claiming to have snapped a Tensile please also answer this. Have you ever snapped any other crankset? Come 'on be honest,