The Late Night Thread.

Dan6061

And in a few weeks you'll be introduced to a piracy letter from your ISP.

They're really cracking down on it now. :ermm:

Doubtful.

The policing of the internet is not the responsibility of the ISP and they will argue this to death.

Although the plans introduced were to have a 3 strike system, 2 letters and then get disconnected - what ISP is going to disconnect you for something that is, in reality, not their responsibility? Even then you could argue it...

1. They can monitor traffic, but not content, so they wouldn't know what you're downloading. No evidence, no prosecution.

2. How would they know its you thats downloading the content and not someone else on your system?

3. Doesn't compensate for a telnet attack or someone else using your broadband connection - my neighbours is unsecured, I can connect to it and download music illegally if I wanted to.

Internet policing isn't free either. Meaning if ISP's were to take on this task of monitoring all their users, we'd see a rather heavy increase in our bills.

:) Several reasons why internet policing will never work.

So in short, I'm all good?

I'm a massive n00b when it comes to anything like this, suppose i shouldn't realllly be allowed near them with my lack of knowledge :P

Depends how much you're downloading to be perfectly honest. Just a couple of films/songs and you'll be fine.

It's when you start downloading hundreds of movies/songs is when you need to be a little bit careful - although saying that, I don't think anyone in the UK has even been prosecuted for that (I may be wrong) yet.

It's shit. Just realised it's Half 3, thought it was much earlier that than; Maybe it's not going to be as long as i though.

Then again, i've still got 4 hours to go...

I'd be tempted to microwave some popcorn and stick on the Shawshank Redemption but this seats too comfy to move and the disk's scratched to shit :