The Late Night Thread.

Dan6061

^^ 3 leading 3 trailing snowflake: I like it! Now finish the wheel & go try it out. :P

Why, despite being at the laptop all day work better at 2 in the morning than I do the rest of the day?

Gotta get me a night-job, I'd be kickass.

:P

I've just spent an hour and a bloody half on one image. Is rediculous! Thing is; it's not even *really* necessary to do as much detail/effort as I'm bothering with.. just when I get into stuff I can't stop!

And luke, why don't I have you on msn?

The only spoks I could find in black which were slightly close to the right length for the rear wheel on my fixie were way too long, but I fancied giving snowflake a go anyway... After a bit of trial and error, I've come up with this pattern, and it's going to work. Never seen it done before, which is pretty cool. It's 3 leading, 3 trailing with a single twist.

post-13468-1231306574_thumb.jpg

Might aswell stick some other photos of my plan...

Running some BMX cranks with a 43tooth chainring, running a hope xcfront hub with a custom axle made by edd potts, so the hub can be run in the rear of a track frame (pictures attached) and a cog wich bolts onto the disc mounts of the hub. much better than the standard screw-on jobby!

post-13468-1231307342_thumb.jpg

post-13468-1231307349_thumb.jpg

post-13468-1231307365_thumb.jpg

post-13468-1231307372_thumb.jpg