James Davies..... Sponsorship?

Kieran@ZSClothing

*Bought ;)

Team Nick Wood members get all sorts of benefits by the way.

ye thats true, maybe a bit of discount. lol

EDIT: can i join team nick wood then. lol ?? alex is in it, hes a legend. so at least you have a good taste in riders. lol

Edited by pengsmelly

+lmao

adam shut it

ive done 39

ive never sene james do over 30?

plus i can gap loads better and i dont kill wheels.

but becuase hes 14 its ok

hahahaha

either way why would he get sponsored for doing a 38" sidehop whatever, I know im not insane at them but that aint high

im interested to know how many of the moves he landed/ got up there in the fist place in those pics

if he did doo, hes a good rider (Y)

Edited by afroman

+lmao

adam shut it

ive done 39

hahahaha

he done 38 today lol

either way why would he get sponsored for doing a 38" sidehop whatever, I know im not insane at them but that aint high

im interested to know how many of the moves he landed/ got up there in the fist place in those pics

if he did doo, hes a good rider (Y)

Wait for the vid:P lol

+lmao

adam shut it

ive done 39

hahahaha

Haha i find it funny you actually measured the wall just so you can say to others and stuff i done so many inches.

To many people worry about trying to get a sponsor and stuff and should just go out and enjoy yourself. Plus being sponsored cna turn out pritty expensive. Say i was to go get sponsored by tarty tomoro, because i ride a old bt frame striaght away they would tell me i need to ride a frame they sell and you will have to buy it you would get discount off though, as will other shops such as trialsman and cleanbikes ect.

Haha i find it funny you actually measured the wall just so you can say to others and stuff i done so many inches.

To many people worry about trying to get a sponsor and stuff and should just go out and enjoy yourself. Plus being sponsored cna turn out pritty expensive. Say i was to go get sponsored by tarty tomoro, because i ride a old bt frame striaght away they would tell me i need to ride a frame they sell and you will have to buy it you would get discount off though, as will other shops such as trialsman and cleanbikes ect.

excuse me?

I measured a wall becuase its my biggest sidehop?

and i didnt do it so i can say to others.

grrr

Look im really not trying to be mean here and im really sorry james :(

But adam you can not even compare james to alex alex is better then me!

he can't go as big as me but he is 1000000x smother more style!

and thats were its at!

Team Nick Wood ***!

Would that be Gary Sandersen and Darren Mcallistair?

Need to get back down plymouth way soon....

Rich

hehe no Me and darren

Look im really not trying to be mean here and im really sorry james :(

But adam you can not even compare james to alex alex is better then me!

he can't go as big as me but he is 1000000x smother more style!

and thats were its at!

Team Nick Wood ***!

hehe no Me and darren

yeah i know, its different riding styles, like sayin alex is smoother than tunniclife so hes better, its completely diff riding.

Firstly, I'd make sure you go about it properly, if your asking for a job you don't send a poorly written e-mail with no info and no achievements to whom your e-mailing.

To me, automatically, I've got the wrong impression if that was to happen, even if the rider is amazing, there is more to having a sponsor than just being an amazing rider.

If you show the professionalism straight away your in with a good chance. The shop wants someone who is going to ride for the shop, take every measure to do their part in the "deal" and not just take it as a joke for some free/cheap bits. From experience (being somebody who sponsors people), this is main issue for me, the ability comes second.

I certainly think good competition results, having a good name for yourself at competitions and being well behaved at the same time (i.e someone who can be respected by other riders) are very important, as well as the whole Internet videos and pictures/media side of promoting whoever your sponsoring.

With all that in mind, it still wouldn't guarantee a sponsor. Whoever is going to sponsor you will more than likely be looking for a good rider, but if theres potential you could get some support.

Personally I wouldn't go for riders with just drop gap/big sidehop kind of riding, I'd like to see some overall ability rather than e-mailing a video/pictures with a few drop gaps and sidehops.

Phil.

(Y)

Look, the kid hasn't been riding long, sponsered or not, it won't make a difference. Sponsership only helps out the shop...not so much the rider. Until you get to the level of nationally recognised riders, theres a slim chance you'll get anything better than cheap parts.

Of course, we all know some riders get free parts and a wage...but it doesn't make them better riders, just better bike owners...and the bike doesn't make the rider!

He's obviously got potential if hes learnt that much in such a short space of time. If I were him, I'd be happy with my riding skills than people who sponser me...no doubt sponsers will come in the next few years, but it won't change much.

Annnnnnnyways, to sum it up....work on the developing the skills, hes obviously got them. Best of luck.