My Finished Double Disc Echo Lite.

Muel

Hi All,

She is finally finished, done, complete. Almost. I still need to get a new rotor for the front, but that's just for looks really.

They mount is as stiff as fook, won't bend at all.

The rim does have silver sidewalls, Tarty only had the ones with brushed sidewalls, but I quite like it. With black spokes the wheels sort of fit together without looking the same.

I don't have any anodies parts on the bike, apart from the brakes, everything else is Matt Black and unbelievably sexual.

SPEC:

FRAME: 2006 Echo Lite Short, with home made disc adapter.

FORK: 2006 Echo Lite. Disc only.

FRONT BRAKE: 2005 Hope Mono Trial 160mm.

REAR BRAKE: 2006 Hope Mono Trial 160mm.

FRONT WHEEL: Onza Double Drilled Hog Rim on Sealed T-Master Hub. 32h 3x. (£35 Bargin, it was almost new!). Hope QR Squewer.

FRONT TYRE: Try-All.

REAR WHEEL: 2006 Monty 221TI Hub on Try All rim. 36h 3x.

REAR TYRE: Maxxis Creepy Crawler.

BAR: Monty 221PR.

STEM: Try-All 31.8mm.

HEADSET: FSA Equipe Pro.

CRANKS: Echo 6061 160mm.

BOTTOM BRACKET: Onza Square Taper. (The only bit left over from my original T-Pro. From 11 Months ago).

FREEWHEEL: Tensile 18t. (Legend freewheel, 9 months old, never skipped, never rebuilt, never tightened).

PEDALS: DMR V8s.

GEO:

WB: 1005mm.

BB: +55mm.

post-12135-1192040395_thumb.jpg

post-12135-1192040496_thumb.jpg

How does the back brake feel, just out of interest?

Really nice, loads of modulation, really stiff and it bites and holds better than my rim brake ever did. Apart from when I went through the difficlut tar stage.

Sweet, nice work Mr Muel...

Glad to see the front wheel is still going strong...

Ah yes, the legendary wheel. Almost new for £35, you're a legend sir.

All I have ever done is fit some rim tape and a squewer, and pulled that dent out of it. It could do with a true up really, but it's not too bad.

Edited by El Muelio

Jesus someone needs to rename this part of the forum pics of muels bike, how many times has it been posted ?

anyway, its a nice bike.

3 times? Dunno really. Anyway it's finished now, I just thought it would be nice to share the love.

Nah I'll never change back, I have just built up my Zona with the Maggy out back, which has Rock Pads, Echo Booster, Metal TPA, filed down lever stop, filed the lump of for the lever bolt and put a nilock bolt on to stop the lever coming loose. It's a posh ass brake, and it's shite.

I'll never go back, even if I went to a stock.

Just out of interest.

How long would it take you to make an exact copy of that disk mount now you no how to do it?

8-10 Hours for a nice one. This one has taken me longer because I have been trimming it down for ever.