New Disc Rotor Design

NVWOCI WVS

Not being funny but not everyone has to say that they would test one.... because in the end... who isnt going to take a load of free shit which is unique and someones taken a long time to produce? kinda a bit pointess..... love the design though looks really neat and can tell youv'e put a lot of time into it, just on a negitive note how are you planning on producing a rotar which needs to be, (heat treated, pressured e.t.c) on a minute scale comapred to Hope for a cheaper price? awsome idea if you just wanna make a few special rotors but doubt you could make them any stronger than Hope rotors when they have a team of reasearchers constantly working on developing there products....

Dont mean to bumm you out or anything but seems a bit unrealistic, you may be better of finding a pretty bland current rotor and customising that with dril peices and stuff? good luck though!

Looks good. Once machined out it'll need a surface grinding to get flat then a heat treatment follwoed by a dish washer degressing.

Think your wanting 600*c for the heat treament and then it's going to be cooled under presure is what Hope do.

Are you good friends with the guys from Hope then?

Are you good friends with the guys from Hope then?

you tard, theres not just a few people who work for hope, its not like tarty, hope are a big wide spread company who have many many workers.. where as tarty is a specific shop and they guys who own it actuly work there, where as the guys who own hope are probs in a big office some where looking at stats and eating scones

put me down for testing i have a habbit of warping disks cause im a aggresive rider

Sorry if this sounds rude but these pics of you a few weeks back make you look like more of a beginner-intermediate than an "aggresive" rider. If you were really aggresive you would be trying to clear the road entirely and sidehopping straight over the wooden fence.

I find it very funny that as soon as someone mentions the possibility of needing someone to test it every single rider comes on and says how they'd be the best one to test it. you'd need to give it to a rider who can go big and one who weighs more than the majority of riders... someone like bigman. He can do huge ups to front and would certainly be able to test the durability of the rotor. Theres an awful lot of sub 12 stone riders who probably can't even do things like front gaps shouting out to test it.

you tard, theres not just a few people who work for hope, its not like tarty, hope are a big wide spread company who have many many workers.. where as tarty is a specific shop and they guys who own it actuly work there, where as the guys who own hope are probs in a big office some where looking at stats and eating scones

You obviously think Hope are a far bigger company than they are then

They're not as small as Tarty, no, but there's not some high up executive sitting in a big posh office and playing golf while hundreds of factory workers do the work, far from it in fact

Jon Mack was only asking if Dave6895 knew the Hope guys, as his post sounded as if he did. I got the same impression, which could easily be a little out.

Would be cool to see the Hope vid, Dave, if you can find it :)

What sort of stuff do you work with/on, Dave?

Would be handy if you could do a lot of stuff yourself, I'd imagine you could save a fair old packet :)

Jon Mack was only asking if Dave6895 knew the Hope guys, as his post sounded as if he did. I got the same impression, which could easily be a little out.

Would be cool to see the Hope vid, Dave, if you can find it :)

What sort of stuff do you work with/on, Dave?

Would be handy if you could do a lot of stuff yourself, I'd imagine you could save a fair old packet :)

All i know of Hope is what i ca read off there website and say of great and amazing products that i have used. I've called my mate. The DVD is in a .VOB file formatt. I will be picking up a copy of it tonight and will need to convert it to MPEG, AVI divx i think.

All sorts of stuff. A lot of aerospace stuff but all manners of enginering stuff. Have CNC/cad,cam, plasma cutter along with a water cutter being fitted. I've made a few steal mech hangers for some local XC riders. Booster is something i'd like to try out

All i know of Hope is what i ca read off there website and say of great and amazing products that i have used. I've called my mate. The DVD is in a .VOB file formatt. I will be picking up a copy of it tonight and will need to convert it to MPEG, AVI divx i think.

All sorts of stuff. A lot of aerospace stuff but all manners of enginering stuff. Have CNC/cad,cam, plasma cutter along with a water cutter being fitted. I've made a few steal mech hangers for some local XC riders. Booster is something i'd like to try out

Awesome. Where abouts are you based? If you're anywhere near me and it's possible there's a couple of little things I'd quite like to try out too

Anyway, apologies for the cloggage, no more chat from me... :$

Sorry if this sounds rude but these pics of you a few weeks back make you look like more of a beginner-intermediate than an "aggresive" rider. If you were really aggresive you would be trying to clear the road entirely and sidehopping straight over the wooden fence.

I find it very funny that as soon as someone mentions the possibility of needing someone to test it every single rider comes on and says how they'd be the best one to test it. you'd need to give it to a rider who can go big and one who weighs more than the majority of riders... someone like bigman. He can do huge ups to front and would certainly be able to test the durability of the rotor. Theres an awful lot of sub 12 stone riders who probably can't even do things like front gaps shouting out to test it.

Sorry Chris. :unsure:

I want to test the rear because my rear rotor is shit.

Looks good. Once machined out it'll need a surface grinding to get flat then a heat treatment follwoed by a dish washer degressing.

Think your wanting 600*c for the heat treament and then it's going to be cooled under presure is what Hope do.

The one at Hope is at 1000*C, (I went there for work experence and work in rotor deparment for a week).

Far from it actually there is about 30 people that work at Hope, and the Owners/Manages are nothing like that, there just like the other workers that work there, They don't wear suits or anything like that.

Oh yeah i'll test one if needed :P

Matt Rushton

Also make sure you get the Bandwidth right for whatever type of brake your planning on using these with. Because brakes like the Hope Trial have a much wider one then the BB7's although the brakes will still work, if there not right they won't work aswell as they could do.

The bandwidth is the part where the pads will hit just incase you wernt sure.

Matt Rushton

Official messenger of Pete Wright:

I'm gonna round house kick you all.

Haha, but seriously, he's told me he doesn't know anything about it and he has no interest in going on tf, he also has no interest in riding trials as he shattered his ankle on the 27th of dec, he's also pissed off with the 240 odd people that have asked him about it.

Thought this would be the right place to say about it.

EDIT: The rotor design is cool, but i'm sorry to doubt, but i don't think you could make it strong enough without all the fancy shit manufacturers have, i'd stick with a non holed rotor and make them look cool (Y)

Edited by Fat Pants

Well I was just wondering how he knew, it's not really common knowledge, is it?

Anyone with any idea of materials would have been able to tell you it. It's not 'common knowledge' but im sure you know aluminium frames get heat treated? It's just the same principle.

Im actually suprised that you didn't think it to be common knowledge, but that's a whole other topic....

Anyone with any idea of materials would have been able to tell you it. It's not 'common knowledge' but im sure you know aluminium frames get heat treated? It's just the same principle.

Im actually suprised that you didn't think it to be common knowledge, but that's a whole other topic....

Well I actually posted because of the suspicion Luke and I had that "Dave" was Pete Wright.

So...