221ti Cracked?

TrAsHeR

iv had frames welded in the past and the problem you have is after welding it becomes weaker as the alloy is heated up and just turns into putty, a

surely proper heat treatment will sort this out? if its welded and then heat treated it should realign the grain?

im probably talking shite but im sure an engineery type will sort me out :S

Dont weld it, it will just make it weaker, i have seen a couple of these frames with this mark there and they dont break or snap.

Like Ian said, just leave it and ride it, if you weld it you deffinatly void ANY warranty you may have (obviously if the bike is younger than this one is)

iv had frames welded in the past and the problem you have is after welding it becomes weaker as the alloy is heated up and just turns into putty, a bit like bending a mech hanger, when you straighten it its weaker, then snaps.

Wayne.

But if the frame is reheat treated then it will just be as strong as it was before hand.

• 3 weeks later...
Is'nt it funny how I've just bought a bike from scott wilson and mine has cracked too...... <_<

You cracked it mate!

I rode it at the national, it was fine, you test rode, you checked it out, you said it was fine.

After 3 weeks of you riding it, now you say its cracked?

We discussed it over the phone, i made you a resonable offer ( i could of offered you nothing), and that was that.

Now you come on this forum to moan about me?

I will have a word with you at the next hampshire comp

Scott

Scopse- well predicted! Haha

I've said my piece, not going to do any bitching, no need

Edited by Scotty Evil1

My comment did'nt mean to seem sarcastic to Scott. Hands up to you as theres nothing that will sort this. The offer I appriciated, as most people would have offered me sh*t. And im not moaning about you as I did'nt buy the bike off you, as it was your dad who dealt with me (Top bloke.) I have no problem with you or your dad, its just I had been saving for over a year to buy a 26" bike, and now im having to afford out for a new frame ontop of the £500.

Sorry to clog the thread ;)

No offence to Scott or dad.

Cheers

Nathan

Edited by chocolate_bikes

People whinging on this forum is getting really boring.

If you buy something surely you check it before you buy it? If it wasn't cracked when you bought it, or you didn't notice the crack, it's not his fault.

Every day there's posts about people being ripped off - it's common sense really to avoid being "scammed". Sellers are just as bad too, using cheap postage methods etc...

I think TF should remove the trading thing all together. It would save a lot of bitching.