Official Presentation Of Monty 221ti Kamel

omgnoseat

Presentation of the new 221 Kamel 9/18/2007

Monty officially displays the new 221 Kamel 2008 after some of the first apparitions of the prototypes and to have arisen a lot of expectation among the top riders.

Design:

Monty has produced a totally new design for the 221 Kamel after numerous tests and drawings.

The first thing that one can see is the curve of the main tube. This is the reason of its name: Kamel. Two main reasons for this special design: It underlines a new line on the design and very different from the other brands and gives more strength to the head tube helping to adsorb the great chocks in order to reduce the risk of breaking.

The head tube has suffered important changes too and now has an impressive hollow at the front, where the top fork tube can be seen. This implicates an important reduce on the weight so important in the competition.

About the sizes: The frame is now longer and the BB is in a more up-position. The stem is longer and with a more inclination-angle.

The fork has been upgraded, provided with a top tube in aluminium 7075. As a whole, the bike has an aggressive, charm and attractive design.

Components:

The components are similar to the 2007 model. The brakes are by Hope specially for Monty with rotors of 160mm. The freewheel is Monty, Ch.Moly, 6 pawls. The front rim is lighter than the model 2007 and the rear rim is wider as well. The handlebar is made in butted aluminium.

The look finish of the 221 Kamel 2008 is bi-colour: White in the superior part and polished in the inferior part, where the frame suffers more the shocks. This finish has been made in order to increase the original paint life.

Definitively, the new 221 Kamel 2008 is a bicycle that surprises and convinces to anyone by its design and by its performance as well. And sealing its privileges with a final weight of 8.700 Kg.

221kamel-large.jpg

221kamel02.jpg

221kamel03.jpg

221kamel04.jpg

Didn't see a topic on it, thought people might find it interesting :)

I like the hump. Its original.

Everyone moans when a new frame comes out "it looks like this frame what a copy". Then you all moan when something new comes out "I dont like this design" blah blah. Gets old after a while really.

They cannot look too different as they all have similar fundamentals, such as F1 cars. There are certain limits to how much they can be different on designs.

Everyone moans when a new frame comes out "it looks like this frame what a copy". Then you all moan when something new comes out "I dont like this design" blah blah. Gets old after a while really.

I could pretend to like it if it would make you happier.

I don't think anyone's really 'moaning', it's original, yes, but not that atheticlly pleasing, imo anyway.

Looks amazing, especially with a proper paint job! Seen the prototypes at the World Cups and they looked cool. I like the fact they totally redesigned it and its now super modern unlike some of the older Montys which always looked a bit behind the times in my opinion. The 26" version also looks really nice.

Best looking Mod I've seen I think!

Was not aimed as you personally JT!.

Yeah but still, people will complain when 'copies' come out, and people will complain when original frames that are a bit fugly come out.

We're trials riders, we're picky. :P

Looks amazing, especially with a proper paint job! Seen the prototypes at the World Cups and they looked cool. I like the fact they totally redesigned it and its now super modern unlike some of the older Montys which always looked a bit behind the times in my opinion. The 26" version also looks really nice.

Best looking Mod I've seen I think!

Totaly Agree, think it is awsome and want one :P

Adam

its like someone else has said......

montys DID look dated, do you think they have been brought into the 21st century with the addition to the team of Kenny Belaey? i think it is!

Like the bike and the 26" looks great, would love to own one, specially with the rear disc :)(Y) i think the 26" is going to be disc&HS33.

Paint looks good too, iv just ordered a 2008 Marin Mt Vision XC Full sus bike and thats a white pearl colour similar to colour of this. (EDIT: the colour at the front of the bike)

Wayne.

Edited by Waynio

Well.... i think im well an truley in love! just those pictures make it look jaw dropping so sexy! i think I'll have to avoid riding one, becuase if it rides as good as it looks im just GOING to HAVE to buy one.... so.... everybody in Essex and London rides... this is a shit bike dont buy one please!!! think matty birds getting one though!! hahaaha i can really picture myself on 1 of those as well! i love the fact its disk only as well... i think we dont need to have all the hastle of maggies anymore... new frames should be Disk on a Mod and Vee brake on a stock! its the way forward!!!

I think monty signing up kenny has been a real great step for them as to be honest there 231 ones geometry has sucked alittle with huge chainstays. Hes really turned it round and the frames looks to have a real great geo now and a frame i think alot more people will consider as i think it will ride awsome.

As for the 221 am unsure about the huge bb will have to ride one before i pass judgement on it. As for the looks it looks stunning but they they need to do a maggy version aswell because not everyone likes DD includeing myself.

Are they doing a wider bar this year? i seem to remember tarty adam telling me the bar kenny was riding was a proto one wider. I would be real great if they do because i find the bars alittle to short for stock but have great rise to them.

More positive comments than I thought there would be :P

I'm not too sure on the geo actually, I love my 221PR (same geo as 221TI) bunnyhopabillity, I think the longer wheelbase have brought this down alot.

Very interested to ty one out though, but thats a bit hard since there are only 50 active riders in my country :(

I think monty signing up kenny has been a real great step for them as to be honest there 231 ones geometry has sucked alittle with huge chainstays. Hes really turned it round and the frames looks to have a real great geo now and a frame i think alot more people will consider as i think it will ride awsome.

As for the 221 am unsure about the huge bb will have to ride one before i pass judgement on it. As for the looks it looks stunning but they they need to do a maggy version aswell because not everyone likes DD includeing myself.

Are they doing a wider bar this year? i seem to remember tarty adam telling me the bar kenny was riding was a proto one wider. I would be real great if they do because i find the bars alittle to short for stock but have great rise to them.

the geometry on the 2008 231 has the same chainstay length as the ones ive had hudson, the only factor being that the new one allows the use of snial cams with 5mm of wheelbase adjustment, the range is from 385mm to 390mm, at an optimum for chain tension it would ideally be set at around 387mm depending upon size of sprocket and chain wear etc

the old 231 has a chainstay length quoted of 390mm mine measure 386mm

so not much difference eh hudson? not so much of a step for chainstay length? i dont know why people have a problem with the length, my bike rides perfectly well with the longish stays, but then again im no where near good enough to be able to tell the difference in 5mm of length on the stays., not much else on the geo has chnaged really either, mainly aesthetics

looks great and i hope to get one

my view..........

ash