Please Tell Us What Is Worse :)

El Cristoff

whats worse  

99 members have voted

1. 1. BMX'ing or skateboarding?

• BMX'ing
    • skateboarding

Hate skateboarding, mainly because you NEVER see a rider who can actually do something. Most of the time they are just riding around on a flat surface and falling off.

I have lots of respect for BMX riders though, really cool sport. We have one very good rider in town, he's a total idiot but the tricks he does are amazing.

Hate skateboarding, mainly because you NEVER see a rider who can actually do something. Most of the time they are just riding around on a flat surface and falling off.

I have lots of respect for BMX riders though, really cool sport. We have one very good rider in town, he's a total idiot but the tricks he does are amazing.

Right ok this is actually annoyin me now!! not aimed directly at you but Skateboarding is an amazing sport and takes amzing amounts of skill to do!! Can no one see that? I have alot of respect for BMXers and have alot of friends but they have alot of respect for me and my sport, most wish they could skate :) i mean big balls for flares and shit but same goes for 900's and 25 sets!! both amazing sports but skateboarding doesn;t need to be shat on because you prefer BMXing it is a good sport you just can't do it!

Tom :)

Too f**king true.

Thats what its like round here too... little emo-skater wannabee's who think they're amazing because they spun the board like a hardflip but never landed it. They wax everything too which is annoying.

Bmx is far more versatile, you can ride a dirt bike on park or street and vica versa and while the tyres and geo might not be ideal, with a plank your stuck to street or park. So your already more limited.

You land more stuff on a bmx.

Bmx has a better learning curve.

With a bmx you can get away from security/gangsters faster.

If your going down a big hill on a bmx it is possible to stop the thing quite easily.

Bmx's don't generally snap in half if you land with your feet in the wrong place.

With a bmx you don't look like a plank (pun intended).

Unless your tony hawk or rodney mullen then bmx is much better.

Edited by Krisboats

Right ok this is actually annoyin me now!! not aimed directly at you but Skateboarding is an amazing sport and takes amzing amounts of skill to do!! Can no one see that? I have alot of respect for BMXers and have alot of friends but they have alot of respect for me and my sport, most wish they could skate :) i mean big balls for flares and shit but same goes for 900's and 25 sets!! both amazing sports but skateboarding doesn;t need to be shat on because you prefer BMXing it is a good sport you just can't do it!

Tom :)

i voted skateboarding.

And also with people saying that some never ride skateboards cos they cant do any tricks, we were all like that at one point so shhhhhhh lol

Skateboarding is an amazing sport and takes amzing amounts of skill to do!!

That's the point. It's very hard for little return. Whereas other sports are hard but you get loads out of it. Also, the mojority of skateboarders look silly.

Actually, I would compare skateboarding with unicycling. Both hard, both have little return, both look silly.

Well i'm a BMXer and its thesport i choose to do (still dabble in skating a bit) but i have sooo much respect for many skaters. The skate industry and culture is also awweesoomme and i love the merge of skate and urban hip hop type clothes and stuff you see in skate shops (LRG, Addict etc).

It takes soo much skill and im sorry but if you say you never see skaters land anything then you're not looking hard enough, or not in the right places. If you see past all the lil kiddie bam margera lovers who will probably quit skating in a year or so then you'll see what a great sport it is. Likewise with how everyones all 'skaters are always soo moody and dicks', people are looking at individuals here and grouping, you just don't notice the nopt dickead ones.

f**k hating, and if you have to at least hate individuals rather then whole groups based on individuals.

I'm not voting B)

Strange question!! I really enjoy watching both. I've skateboarded and BMX'ed in my time and have to say that skateboarding is seriously difficult to get any good at. I have sooooo much respect for someone like Rodney Mullen it's unreal. Proper BMXers are also incredibly skilled and stupidly ballsy. Love watching BMX vids.

I think you need to add 'inline skating' to the poll though 'cos that would get my vote. I used to be an 'aggressive inline skater' in my yoof and really enjoyed it but watching the X-Games 10 years later and nothing's progressed. The stuff you see today is exactly what Arlo Eisenburg (great name!) was doing back then. There's only so much you can do when you're attached to the skates.

Meh.

A few fair comments from people. But really, trials isn't exactly that difficult either. Skating is alot cheaper as well which hasn't been i think. One more thing, skateboards aren't in peoples eye to steal. Oh yeah might as well add this one, nose manuals are stupidly easy on a board.

Edited by eskimo

Unless your tony hawk or rodney mullen then bmx is much better.

kinda - done well they are equally amazing to watch - its just its alot harder (IMO) to be a brilliant skater than brilliant bmxer. well infact scratch that - to get to the top in both is equally difficult - but like someone else mentioned - the curve is abit harsher for a skater on the progression front.

But on a skateboard you can keep carrying it when you run into a busy shopping centre to hide. You can't really do that with a BMX.

A skateboard is an awesome weapon - youve already beaten the security guards to death on the pavement by the time the bmxer wussed it away

Edited by manuel

Ah jees chainring to the face

Im more inclined to say the woodpushers are worse as round here there only very few skaters that are any good/worth watching wheras theres loads of awsome bmxers round here flatland included.

I dont honestly see the appeal of landing some strange flip of a tiny bit of wood when i could be clearing some massive sets.

Edit : Btw im a tard and clicked wrong one lol

Edited by ZeroMatt

Ok lets put this into perspective a little.

I live 2 minutes away from the biggest outdoor plaza in Europe.

Off the top of my head i can think of 6 skateboarders, that i see that are consistent in what they do. So basically BMX looks alot better. But Skating is hard to do. Having skateboarded before as well. I'm inclined to say that BMX has a lot better social activity 'n' all. When I'm out with all the lads on bmx its really fun, and always funny, random conversations. Whereas when i used to hang around with skaters it was more about, who could pull off this and that, who could outdo one another, who was gonna' turn pro first. As though they were all after sponsorship or something. Lets face it, a sport is only made up by the people in it. And to be quite honest, bmx'ers win that debate for me. Skaters tend to get in your way on purpose, just because your a bmx'er, they piss and moan when you ride a spot for 5 minutes that they've been skating for 2 hours, even though you've waited to ride it, whereas, probably three quarters of the bmx'ers i know (And i'm talking a good 30+ local riders) Will be very considerate about the spots that they ride, if they see a skater waiting to try something. They'll tell them to go etc. Whereas, i only know of about 12 skaters that would do the same for us. Its all about respect, bmx'ing is in a stage where skating was a while ago, and none of these new generation of skaters will recognize that.

Wow, rant over. I'm expecting there to be a contradiction or two in there lol. But i cba read over it, gonna' finish my beer and go bed :)

The general skating scene kinda pisses me off, just seems there's a LOT of people in it for "the wrong reasons" and who kinda kill a session when they turn up. I know you could say that about BMXers, but to be honest, I've been to quite a few different scenes in the UK and almost every time (apart from all super comp park riders) it's usually pretty chilled, but you always get skaters shouting and throwing their boards and shit... I just couldn't handle the shitty, shitty learning curve either, or the total lack of transportation options from it. Only useful thing about it is that you can just jump on a bus or train and cruise around in London. You just miss out on so many spots though, just loads of random nibble spots I love riding at that you couldn't hit on a board.

Saying all that, every time I watch Almost Round 3 I want to skate, and I can happily just sit and watch all the top skaters at Cantelowes shred the bowl.