Would This Camera Be Anygood?

Vee

Looks ok but why do you keep posting in NMC ? you're valiodated !

Adam

Well why do you? haha I find more response from others in the NMC and really sensible responses unlike some of the ones from FMC

Also Iv been in NMC for so long I like it now lol

cw00- its made buy a company called svp, iv been on the site and they make quite alot of cameras, so might not be so bad

I think ill get it and give it a try, hopefully itll turn out ok for recording trials as id prefer to get a cheap one than a expensive one incase it breaks etc

thanks for looking guys

Vee

Well, do you want it for video or still images? As far as video goes, it shoots in VGA or QVGA. In other words - it's useless. Unless you're planning to use it as a still camera (which i know nothing about), I wouldn't recommend it. Talking about Sanyos, there's a hi def (720p) Xacti which is pretty cheap and produces rather a good image. But after you've bought the battery, memory card and other stuff, you'll have spent as much as on a Canon HV10 which is so much better.

edit: the PC9E is a nice camera but very old and bulky. If you get even the cheapest DCR-HC series Sony, you'll get a better image for a lower price. Had a PC9E, unfortunately it packed up.

Edited by Inur

The one posted above is useless. The fairly good one is the HD1, but that will set you back about 600 pounds once you buy everything so it's better to just get a proper cheapo HDV camera.

Besides, the Sanyo records in the lowest HDV standard which is 720p. Progressive scan is also no good for capturing high speed movement. With a proper HDV camera you get 1080i video which is already pretty good quality.

Edited by Inur

The one posted above is useless. The fairly good one is the HD1, but that will set you back about 600 pounds once you buy everything so it's better to just get a proper cheapo HDV camera.

Besides, the Sanyo records in the lowest HDV standard which is 720p. Progressive scan is also no good for capturing high speed movement. With a proper HDV camera you get 1080i video which is already pretty good quality.

Pretty Good? isnt that like the best? well 1080p

could you recomend anything? i only want to spen like 100-150

Cheers

Im not a pro video maker or anything, and i dont want to spend loads on something ill prolly smash. I mean my phone records video but its crap quality, i just want something cheap that can take high quality video without the price tag like something i can just lob in my bag n go

im not spending 800quid on a huge hd camera thats got all thee features when i prolly never use any of them

do you get what i mean?