Badly Damaged Cranks

koxxtrials

Cranks dont have bearings do they ? and if yopu take you BB out and clean every thing like the freewheel (assuming youre running FFW ) etc then that may help otherwise your BB threads may be screwed other than that you may have rounded the taper of (again assuming its Square taper) other than that all i can think of it the threads on the cranks have been stripped ?

Adam

Edit: shit i said "other than that alot didnt i" lol

Edited by adamgriffin3

my tensile cranks are making a really big noise i think the bearings are damaged and when you here this noise the freewheel and chain start to rattle

There are bearings in cranks :S news to me! I had to read your post a few times, maybe sort that out? Anyway you think it could be your BB or maybe you freewheel? Maybe try taking everything off give it a good wipe and grease up that should do the job (Y)

EDIT: Too slow ^^

Edited by Boss

There are bearings in cranks :S news to me! I had to read your post a few times, maybe sort that out? Anyway you think it could be your BB or maybe you freewheel? Maybe try taking everything off give it a good wipe and grease up that should do the job (Y)

By a minute lol im just too quick haha ;)

Adam

will i have to buy new cranks

Well when they die, for sure. Personally i wouldn't ride em they are snap happy go to www.tartybikes.co.uk and check what they have to offer otherwise you might hurt your ankle/leg :D

Tom

EDIT: got there before you that time Adam :P

Edited by Boss

off topic - There arnt bearings in the cranks!!

Back on topic

its ether one of these....

If its the bottom bracket - take it to your local bike shop... ask them to service it (assuming you cant do it yourself becasue you thought cranks had bearings)

The tapper off the bb have worn away - best method: new bb. bodge method: Bodge method for square tapper - cut a slot of coke can and rapp round bb tapper and stick crank on...

The tapper on the cranks have worn away - best method: New cranks. Bodge method as above ^

General looseness of the cranks.. tighten the up =]

If you run front free wheel...

Check the freewheel lock ring, if loose tighten up.. get a 1-2mm alan key and stick in the slots and push forwards...

Service free wheel - take to local bike shop.. or take cranks off undo lock ring and clean and grease

Cheers

Ryan...

Check if everything is tight, like cranks, pedals etc. Clean everything dont buy new cranks just ride them till they die!

and risk seriously injuring yourself? f**k that...

The noise will most likely be the bottom bracket being loose. Take the cracks off ad tighten the bb up. Also make sure you lockring is tight on your freewheel and pedals are tight to and tighten up your cranks pritty tight. That should solve i should think. You shouldnt need new cranks, unless when the crank is really tight it is able to moves side to side ie wobble. But still then theres a bodge if thats the case.