Really Weird Feeling By My Heart

PaRtZ

hahaha, ok mate, so you have heart pains and you're gonna trust some teenager you don't know on a forum for push bikes rather than go to the doctors in case you 'waste some time'

lmao. classic!

He didn't say heart pains, he said a random twitch feeling like he used to have. If he's had it before its seemingly likely to not be immediately detrimental to his health so asking for advice on here seems like a logical idea... especially if its brought on by trials, theres a high chance other people on here may have it.

If everyone went straight to A&E because of any old thing the waiting times would be even higher than they already are. If he's had it before and its not hurt him and there would be no answer on here he could go and get an appointment booked in with his GP, or in a slightly different situation he may even have had an appointment made but didn't specify and has the time to make this topic on here whilst waiting for the appointment.

Rushing straight to A&E isn't the best answer for this situation.

you should be priveliged to be the first person ever to provoke a signiture quoting reaction from me! It was too good of a line to go unseen by everyone!

:D:rolleyes:

Edited by Krisboats

i'm sorry but i disagree. If you can feel anything going on with your heart, it definately IS time for the hospital.

I agree if your in pain you should go to the hospital, but my mums the lead nurse for leicester and she said for a haert flutter or constant palpatations the hospital will likely tell you to go and visit your GP so you can have an ECG set up and come in and see them more easily. If your having to go see your GP anyway it doesn't make sense to go to the hospital about it... 90% of the time they won't know exactly what is causing it without an ECG so going to the hospital is a bit of a lost cause.

I agree if your in pain you should go to the hospital, but my mums the lead nurse for leicester and she said for a haert flutter or constant palpatations the hospital will likely tell you to go and visit your GP so you can have an ECG set up and come in and see them more easily. If your having to go see your GP anyway it doesn't make sense to go to the hospital about it... 90% of the time they won't know exactly what is causing it without an ECG so going to the hospital is a bit of a lost cause.

To sort this out, you need referring to a cardiologist - one way or another. Best plan is to go to the GP, and they will refer you to the hospital. You could go to A&E but you'd probably be waiting a long time to see a doctor (An A&E doc, not a cardiologist) and you'd still have to come back to see a cardiologist. A GP could order an ECG but it wouldn't tell them anything as most wouldn't have a clue how to read one, especially if it's something reasonably subtle like WPW. But if you go to A&E they could easily do an ECG there - you'd just be waiting ages.