Really Weird Feeling By My Heart

PaRtZ

It used to happen every now and then if i sat in certain positions, but over the last 3 days my heart feels like its been constantly twitching (not beating lol) at random intervals :S :S Its like a weird surge sort of thing

should I be worried/go see a doctor? doesn't seem to be anything to start it off/stop it :S anyone else think they know what i mean? anyone know what it is?

thanks

My heart isn't great, i had some problems with it sometimes in the past few years.

Mine feels as if it's hitting my chest kinda, when i lay down/ it just feels weird... Is that what it feels like?

If it's doing it now, go to the hospital NOW and tell them it's urgent, because without it happening when a medical person is there, they won't have a clue what's wrong unless you've got blatant symptoms, if you can time it right when they do an ECG (sticky pad things, hurts when they pull them off) and see what's wrong.

Have you done a lot of exercise lately? And or haven't slept much? Or had loads of stimulants like red bull, chocolate, coffee, coke/carbonated drinks? Things like that can set mine off (i only have chocolate or fizzy drinks very rarely, don't eat crisps anymore and no redbull/drinks like that have passed my lips for a good few years, never eat macdonalds, and rarley have burgers, once a year probably))

Just get it checked.

Edited by Fat Pants

I get long periods (of an hour minimum 4-5 hours maximum) where my heart beats at an insane rate... i can't remember exactly what the number is but i'm pretty sure it was over 200bpm. When it happens for an hour its not so bad, but the 5 hour ones really do knacker me out a lot.

It comes on seemingly at random, and i can feel my body working over the top... like i can run faster, jump further, my reaction times are about half of what they normally are and pain seems to be almost non-existent. Its just a shame i don't know what triggers it, if i could get it started whilst out riding i can't begin to imagine how amazing it would be.

I can't help but think its a bad thing, but i'm pretty ignorant towards my own health and probably won't go to get it checked out.

EDIT: Just being sat at the computer doing nothing at the minute my heart rate is 42bpm.

Edited by Krisboats

I get long periods (of an hour minimum 4-5 hours maximum) where my heart beats at an insane rate... i can't remember exactly what the number is but i'm pretty sure it was over 200bpm. When it happens for an hour its not so bad, but the 5 hour ones really do knacker me out a lot.

It comes on seemingly at random, and i can feel my body working over the top... like i can run faster, jump further, my reaction times are about half of what they normally are and pain seems to be almost non-existent. Its just a shame i don't know what triggers it, if i could get it started whilst out riding i can't begin to imagine how amazing it would be.

I can't help but think its a bad thing, but i'm pretty ignorant towards my own health and probably won't go to get it checked out.

EDIT: Just being sat at the computer doing nothing at the minute my heart rate is 42bpm.

My friend had exactly your symptoms - although when his went fast, he got feint and felt ill. But he had what is called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. I'd get it checked out - an ECG will diagnose it easily (even if it's not going fast at the time). PM me if you want to know any more.

My friend had exactly your symptoms - although when his went fast, he got feint and felt ill. But he had what is called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. I'd get it checked out - an ECG will diagnose it easily (even if it's not going fast at the time). PM me if you want to know any more.

My sister has it sometimes too, she faints and feels like she's gonna throw up. She had to have a heart monitor strapped to her for 24 hours and they're still waiting on the tests.

I just assumed she was being a typical girl about it, she was told that the reason she goes faint and i don't is because she panics when it happens and goes into a form of shock, which results in the fainting and nausea. I enjoy it and use it as an excuse to get out and do something energetic before it finishes.

Meh, i like it.... the chance of suddenly dropping dead is only around 0.6% :lol: I'm happy with that. I could always go find a power cable and try some self cardioversion :unsure:

Ok now you got me worried, I recently keep getting heart burn like in the morning when I wake up it goes after a while, but recently been getting not heart pain but uncomfortable ness, being me I will get it checked out eventually but not right away....

my sister had open heart surgery and has problems ocasionaly with heart murmers/ skipping beats etc she says it feels like butterflies in her chest instead of her stomach kind of thing. she has to go and have regular check ups to make sure its all under control (which it is, she's incredibly fit and does a lot of excercise/dancing kindof thing) but it can be potentially realy major if you're getting this kindof thing, definitely get it checked!

I cannot believe you have had 'something' going on with your heart, or so you think, and your first port of call wasn't the hospital!

You think it's your heart, and you're still sat in your chair! I know i'd be sat in A&E making one big fuss. Get there (Y)

I cannot believe you have had 'something' going on with your heart, or so you think, and your first port of call wasn't the hospital!

You think it's your heart, and you're still sat in your chair! I know i'd be sat in A&E making one big fuss. Get there (Y)

Some people don't like to waste time and effort of their own and of the already busy doctors over something that could be easily and quickly explained on the internet.

Some people don't like to waste time and effort of their own and of the already busy doctors over something that could be easily and quickly explained on the internet.

hahaha, ok mate, so you have heart pains and you're gonna trust some teenager you don't know on a forum for push bikes rather than go to the doctors in case you 'waste some time'

lmao. classic!

you should be priveliged to be the first person ever to provoke a signiture quoting reaction from me! It was too good of a line to go unseen by everyone!