Is This Right?

shogun_gimp

Over the last couple of nights ive tried to sidehop to the front wheel.... Its only a short video and its only 3 crates high..... its to learn but is this the right way?

Thanks for the Help

Nigel

there it is ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by shogun_gimp

Your technique seems fine. One suggestion I have is to get more parallel to the object you're going up. That is, get your rear wheel closer to it. Right now it looks like you're mainly using the pedal kick to propel you up onto the pallets which is fine, but as someone already mentioned when you go for higher objects you're likely going to start ramming your front wheel into it. Try getting as close to the object as you can while parallel to it and, as the name implies, hop sideways. Keep up the good work!

im not really an expert but try not to put your wheel over the pallets as you cant do that on higher walls.

Somebody already said that? :S, lol anyway.. seems pretty good, but in the long run youll probs find it easyer to do sidehops away from your lead foot.

Matx

Don't put the front wheel over the pallets - as yo wouldn't be able to do so with a higher wall

Your technique seems fine. One suggestion I have is to get more parallel to the object you're going up. That is, get your rear wheel closer to it. Right now it looks like you're mainly using the pedal kick to propel you up onto the pallets which is fine, but as someone already mentioned when you go for higher objects you're likely going to start ramming your front wheel into it. Try getting as close to the object as you can while parallel to it and, as the name implies, hop sideways. Keep up the good work!

both of those :P

i would start practising going the other way ie towards your right, i sidehop to my left and i'm left footed, i find it holds me back. I can side hop to back wheel to the right almost as high as i can side hop to the left. I'm finding it very hard to hop to the right front wheel first though as i have never learnt it.

Edited by mods