Southampton

JD™

As the title says, but in a little more detail:

My girlfriend is off to uni very soon, and is going to the Southampton Uni. For this reason I'm going to be spending many a weekend down that neck of the woods and think its a perfect oppurtunity to sneak off for a quick ride every now and again. So basically I'm just looking to find out who will be the people to contact when I'm coming down to show me the good places to ride :)

J

Unfortunately the majority of riders in and around Southampton have gone to the dark side and only BMX these days. There is quite a lot to ride though and there are always a few riders around from Fareham/Pompy etc so you won't be alone! Also usually fairly regular organised rides on here at the weekends too, meeting at Central Station.

Dave

excellent, so im assuming you ride there yourself? or have you moved because your profile says dorest?

Well I still 'work' in Southampton- I say 'work' as I'm doing an EngD at the Uni- so am there everyday during the week. I live about 25 miles West of Soton though as my GF works in Poole.

Dave

During term time myself and a gentleman named Gilly will be riding Southampton quite a bit as we go to uni there too. There's quite a lot to ride there although some bits are spread far apart. And in our first year we barely scratched the surface of exploring the docks! This year we might get some photos up on the locations wiki...

Your ES4 will be in safe old skool territory by the way, Gilly rides a Giant.

Should be checking the forum so post up on here when you're around, or you can have my mobile/email/msn if that takes your fancy.

Oh and beware the big-rides-from-station syndrome where they tend to stay in one place outside Spar for many many hours! :P

cheers for all the replies, i will definately look forward to coming down then :)

During term time myself and a gentleman named Gilly will be riding Southampton quite a bit as we go to uni there too. There's quite a lot to ride there although some bits are spread far apart. And in our first year we barely scratched the surface of exploring the docks! This year we might get some photos up on the locations wiki...

Your ES4 will be in safe old skool territory by the way, Gilly rides a Giant.

Should be checking the forum so post up on here when you're around, or you can have my mobile/email/msn if that takes your fancy.

Oh and beware the big-rides-from-station syndrome where they tend to stay in one place outside Spar for many many hours! :P

all that sounds great buddy. i'll give you a PM or something seperately to sort stuff out when i make the trip. be good to see the old giant as well, rode one of those back in the day. before the war and all that.

J