Ashton Licence

Brian Bleech

So - whats the difference between the raid and the licence?

Will they be full build or just frame and how much??

The Raid is a budget(ish) street/24" cruiser/park/jump bike. From the looks of it it is in no way designed for trials in any shape or form. The License however is a do everything trials bike, for use on the street, at the park, natural etc but leaning more heavily towards street trials rather than pure street.

I'm guessing that the License will be mainly available as a frame only like the ET was and like the Justice is, although pimped Martyn replica full builds probably aren't out of the question.

That's my take anyway.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Martyn said on Monday that he was hoping for a release of around October.

Dave

Edited by monkeyseemonkeydo

what an obvious shot at the competition

A shot at the competition? I dont ride for or distribute Ashton bikes, so how can that be taken as a shot at the competition...?

I think the reason the ET wasnt bought as quickly, is due to it being ahead of its time. Thats probably the wrong way of wording it, but it was like the first of its kind, people were possibly a bit skeptical of the idea. Now, the concept is as commonly used as 20" and 26". It has just taken some time to bloom into what it has become, and I assume Martyn wants to get back that market that was originally set when the ET came out.

Anywho on subject, I believe it will be available frame only, at a competitive market value, around £250-350ish mark, AT A GUESS, dont quote me on that pricing as I honestly dont know, just making an assumption

nice erm "trials bike" :S go on some one argue with me....

Lol Dave that's what he uses to piss around riding street/park on..like a play bike. Cos of the build :huh:

BUT I'm assuming the frame's also designed for 24" trials with the right parts put on it. Same as the ET was! But hopefully much stronger (wasn't that their main problem, being uber breakable?!)

Edited by the boon

Lol Dave that's what he uses to piss around riding street/park on..like a play bike. Cos of the build :huh:

I dunno... That's the exact same setup he's riding trials demo's on now (mixing between the Justice and the License) except he's currently running rigid forks. Gearing is pretty trialsy and the rest of the bike's set up like a street trials beast, certainly not a big wheeled BMX that's for sure.

Dave

nice erm "trials bike" :S go on some one argue with me....

Here's a nice big picture - maybe this makes it clearer. Small bashguard, single speed - it's just an Ashton ET with a fork on - perhaps you don't class that as a trials bike but meh :P

post-40-1188491011_thumb.jpg

Interesting things I can see:

Cheap-looking Truvative cranks + bash - either this is one of Martyn's sponsors (?) or a sign that this could be available as a full bike?

74 Kingz tensioner

Orange branding on the rockshox forks - Maybe we'll be getting a new orange-branded trials frame soon?

Cheap-looking Truvative cranks + bash - either this is one of Martyn's sponsors (?) or a sign that this could be available as a full bike?

74 Kingz tensioner

Orange branding on the rockshox forks - Maybe we'll be getting a new orange-branded trials frame soon?

Not truvativ, Race Face, one of his sponsors

74 Kingz Tensioner, because he couldnt find another tensioner he liked

Not Orange branded, just a sticker. The Ashton frames are now made by Orange, so a sticker on his forks just to advertise Orange

Edit - long hoses are as he does foot-jam Tailwhips in his demos

Edited by Andy@NBR

Here's a nice big picture - maybe this makes it clearer. Small bashguard, single speed - it's just an Ashton ET with a fork on - perhaps you don't class that as a trials bike but meh :P

post-40-1188491011_thumb.jpg

Interesting things I can see:

74 Kingz tensioner

sorry thasts a bit more trialsy, it looked like it had summet daft like 44t chainring, and no bashgaurd

those forks are ashtons own rockshox are they?

Orange badge on the headtube, Orange are the company making the Raid bikes, so I guess they are making the Licenses too.

Orange + Ashton was a deal that was made aaaaages ago, but nothing seems to have really come of it, yet. I wonder if these are even made in a different factory to the ETs? Or if Orange have made any changes at all.

Edit - long hoses are as he does foot-jam Tailwhips in his demos

It looks like he's done a tailwhip/barspin or something - the hoses look like they're already twisted once. I was trying to work out why he had that routing.

Does anyone have any details about the new Ashton License?

Just any info the geo, release date and the price would be useful.

There is a lack of decent 24" frames (with a seat post) around at the moment, without going for a leeson/curtis which are out of my price range :(

alright chap!!!!

i was on the pro-to type about a month ago , it rides real nice quite flicky, you sit slightly forward when your on the back wheel.

but over all i liked it, you cant go wrong with keeping it real with a double triangle frame!!!

and was told its gona retail at about the £270 £300 mark.

hope this helps.

cheers guys Jamie