Ashton Licence

Brian Bleech

The Licence, being the new 24" street bike, feels very similar to the ET24, but a bit more length to it. He was running quite a hard gearing so I couldnt give you a totally accurate description of how it rides, but its a very good blend between trials and street, unlike the Onza Zoot for example. It feels managable on the rear wheel, flicks well, and has a solid feel to it. He had twin disks on his, which felt spot on.

Prices I cant confirm yet, but release date from what he was saying should be round about end of september/October kind of time, depending on various bits and bobs. I would say it is a very big contender to the other 24" street frames out there, and if it has a reasonable price tag, a strong option too.

haha wow how times have changed! ... at risk of being flamed :

When Mart brought out the ET (stil being used as the geometry basis for Leeson, Curtis, 24UK etc) It was an absolute mission to sell them things and they ended up being rediculously discounted so that he could get rid of them. Now people are wanting these things soo much. In my experience the ET was the ULTIMATE all round bike. Absolutely spot on for the street dawgs and stil a really nice ride for the natty boys.

Im not puttin this out to diss anyone... i just think its funny how they are now soo wanted. Maybe if people didnt sleep on the sweetness of the ET wen it first came out, there wud have been even more company offering great cheap options in 24"

I love 24s and i really hope the new Ashton 24 lives up to the somewat slept on predecessor that wore tha name of one of the most talented all round uk riders period.. Ed Tongue.

Cant wait to see how many people buy one to be part of the fad :)

Fun bikes though ;)

I wouldn't call it being part of a fad. Martyn says that he only really uses the Justice for demos and the odd competition. He said the Licence is just too much fun. And perhaps that's what lots of people need to do - get the fun back into trials. Start busting out some Akrigg/Tongue style lines instead of all this TGS crap. Granted, you can do it on a 26, but if the full-bike spec is good enough I'll be very tempted to buy one of these...

When Mart brought out the ET (stil being used as the geometry basis for Leeson, Curtis, 24UK etc) It was an absolute mission to sell them things and they ended up being rediculously discounted so that he could get rid of them. Now people are wanting these things soo much. In my experience the ET was the ULTIMATE all round bike. Absolutely spot on for the street dawgs and stil a really nice ride for the natty boys.

I agree the ET was a great frame, the two I had were brilliant (could do with being a bit stronger) :) - I just hoping that ashton brings out the frame separately...

Simple reason - of all the forums I'm on, this one gets the most people making stuff up, quoting rumours as truth and generally talking crap about something they know shit all about. If Martyn says something about his own frame, then you can be pretty sure it's accurate.

Unlike Andy though I didn't get a ride!!