My Rather Sexual Echo Lite! I've Gone All Disced Out Back!

Muel

Ahh that is rather sexual :D

Did you grind/cut the adaptor so it doesn't rest on the welds that connect the top and bottom tubes to the dropout? I'm guessing the Lite also has welds which stick out. That was a big issue when i made one for a GU.

Nope, it is bent so it always stays inside the frame, and it clears the stays by oabout 1mm, and the bend is right next to the caliper. Tolerances couldn't get tighter really.

I've been tring to make it bend or crack, and it won't, it is refusing to budge so far.

I've been drop-gaps, fairly tiny taps etc but not holding back and it just won't move.

Make one yourself, they're so easy but take a very long time. And you need the frame, disc and wheel all ready to use as a template, as well as the vice, set of files, pillar drill etc.

To make a nice one it would take me 15 hours at least, it's taken me longer to do this one because I was learning about it, do you want to pay me for that at £5 ah hour? That's what I make at work writing line of code. I also had to buy the steel, but's thats like £4 or summat.

I'll do it, but you need to send me the stuff and allow for 2 weeks ish for me too do it.

EDIT: I forgot to factor in broken drill bits and hacksaw blades, at least £10 worth.

It doesn't have to be fancy or drilled or whatever - just what you got there works for me...

Give me a price including labour, materials, parts etc and I'll have a think...

Oh and will it matter what frame I'm riding? Been trying to figure out if it will or not...

Yes, it depends mainly on the angle between the dropout and top chainstay tube (or whatever it's called) :P

Also - clearance issues etc.

I should have mounted the caliper further back really, so I could bend it further back towards the axle, but I wanted it to be as close to the chain stay as possible.

Drilling and filing and polishing within the next few days, my Tarty stuff is coming tommorrow.

It doesn't have to be fancy or drilled or whatever - just what you got there works for me...

Give me a price including labour, materials, parts etc and I'll have a think...

Oh and will it matter what frame I'm riding? Been trying to figure out if it will or not...

I will need the frame, disc and wheel, I think I can do it for pretty much any frame. I have a T-pro, Zona Zip and Echo lite and I could definately do one for all of them.

Add me on MSN dude: el_muelio@hotmail.co.uk