Brakeless?

steve-r

alright,

i was walking through town (castleford) today and saw a lad riding brakeless, amazing, he was doin wallrides and stuff at first so i sat down and watched. he started doing sidehops to the top of benches and over rails somehow. no backhops though, as youll guess itd be pretty hard. but does anybody else ride brakeless?

ste

It might have been Mike Judson (Leedstrials on the forum). Was he on some ghetto planet-X Zebdi with 24" wheels? I'm not sure if he got around to getting a working bike, I know when his Leeson broke he rode brakeless for a while.

Link to topic HERE

so theres two of us riding brakeless in cas? nice, ill have to bump into him

Its completely possible to bounce on the back wheel using nothing but pedal tension. No brakes required! I can do it myself but gapping obviously doesn't work. I can see how he could sidehop from two wheels over a rail and land back to two wheels easily enough and it would be a great way to improve your control over the bike.

Ive ridden brakeless, pedal less and chainless before. Was fun for a while but then I realised that booning everwhere wasn't as fun as riding normally.

Brakeless is quite good, it teaches you not to rely on your brakes all the time and results in smoothing looking riding. and you can gap with brakes but expect to land in a manual and get ready to control it :P