What Do You Want To See In Next Gen Trials Frames?

m4rko

The one thing id like to see back is the Orange Zeros, i love the frame design and i think if they were to tweek it so it had new and old in it, i think it would be awesome!!!, mmm long and low orange zero!!

I think thats an awesome idea, id love a slightly more newskool orange zero

I think thats an awesome idea, id love a slightly more newskool orange zero

They were known to crack, don't know if they tried to fix that but who wants to try and photoshop one and make it look long and low? B)

Zero's ***!!!

EDIT: Yes i got bored and did one my self!. all i missed was the maggie cable on the rear. I'd ride one anyway!

post-1491-1186176936_thumb.jpg

Edited by crazy_gap girl

EDIT: Yes i got bored and did one my self!. all i missed was the maggie cable on the rear. I'd ride one anyway!

Pretty good job actually! Although it's low and silver but it needs to be longer.

Orange Zeros were ace. They all broke where the chainstays met the BB shell - because they used kinked box section alu. Nowadays nearly all frames have a CNC yoke there. A Zero with a yoke would probably be pretty good, but it certainly wouldn't be cheap :(

Pretty good job actually! Although it's low and silver but it needs to be longer.

Orange Zeros were ace. They all broke where the chainstays met the BB shell - because they used kinked box section alu. Nowadays nearly all frames have a CNC yoke there. A Zero with a yoke would probably be pretty good, but it certainly wouldn't be cheap :(

Yeah longer which i couldn't really modify as well as the high bb, you could make it look sweet! like the sexyest trials bike on the planet. but like you said it would cost an arm and a leg but im sure orange have that kind of funding :shifty:

more variations of size apposed to just 20", 24" and 26" maybe try some different size such as 22" and 28" , it probably wont work but the fact that people are trying to develop new ways to improve the sport makes me happy LMAo

Adam

i would actually pay someone to watch them try to tap a 28" bike, sounds like a right laugh :)

i would like to see the '06 GU typhoon with a inbuilt booster, I'm fed up with using a crappy Deng one.

a ENO with 108 engagement, available at tarty to buy.

and bring back the megamo expert, its the sex of all mods :)

i would actually pay someone to watch them try to tap a 28" bike, sounds like a right laugh :)

i would like to see the '06 GU typhoon with a inbuilt booster, I'm fed up with using a crappy Deng one.

a ENO with 108 engagement, available at tarty to buy.

and bring back the megamo expert, its the sex of all mods :)

The 06 Gu didnt need a booster inbuilt :| was already stiff as anything lol

A 35mm wide holy rim built like a ceramic d521

stronger azonic double walls

bring back older style maggie levers

Ashton should leave orange and join charge to use thier Ti tubes to make an ashton style of bike. could anyone photo shop that?

more BBs with a grease port.

cheaper rolhoff copies.

Agreed!

• 1 year later...
adjustable wheel base? I know the whole 360 dropout does that to some extent but it would be quite cool to dramatically change your wheel base. Probably pointless but it would be cool(ish).
Eccentric bottom brackets. No need for a tensioner and can still use vertical dropouts.

360 eccentric dropouts then :) In this way, you not only can adjust the wheelbase, you could even adjust the bb rise! LOL >_< and no tensioner.

Tandem trials.

I'm sure looking forward for that, teehee. I can imagine how funny it would be :P

(I was doing a search and I came across this)

Edited by spaceman

Decent chain tensioning systems.

Frames that have a bit of a larger rear triangle (I swear its impossible for the chain not to hit the frame in someway whatever the tension, with low frames such as Neon, Echo Lite etc).

4-bolt and Disc mounts on all frames (£250 Diamondback hardtail and trials bikes come like this as standard, so why not top spec trials bikes?)

More Hydroformed tubing (again, £300 Diamondback bikes include features such as Hydroformed downtube, so why can we only replicate this on a £400 frame?)

Splined freewheel/cranks, silly idea to have a high torque part such as a freewheel, threaded onto a crank (which over time is getting tighter, and without good instalation can soon get stuck).

A Wi-Fi brake that doesn't need cables and stuff (you should watch how the battery of it goes though) ....and maybe a Cokeholder, you know for your 0.5l Coca Cola.

Oh and a built-in GPS system so that you wouldn't worry where you leave your bike.

I liked the iPod holder idea by the way it would be useful, although you'd need wireless headphones then so you don't mess up the cables of the wired ones.

Yeah I am a wireless fan....

A Wi-Fi brake that doesn't need cables and stuff (you should watch how the battery of it goes though) ....and maybe a Cokeholder, you know for your 0.5l Coca Cola.

Oh and a built-in GPS system so that you wouldn't worry where you leave your bike.

I liked the iPod holder idea by the way it would be useful, although you'd need wireless headphones then so you don't mess up the cables of the wired ones.

Yeah I am a wireless fan....

there are acctually electronic brakes and gearsets out, but they cost i think its somewhere near £1800 mark for the lot, not wireless cos it would add weight.

they are designed for like top of the rangeroad/race bikes, saves you havingto ever adjust your mechs and brakesafter you have set them up how you want. very smart bitsof kit.