Whats It Worth?

Muel

My bro might be buying a T-Mag from a lad who lives up the road.

It has had the bars, stem and freewheel upgraded to Echo tough bars, Hifi Stem, and ENO ffw.

The rear wheel bearings are dead, but with my clever mind I have worked out that Tarty charge £15 for a new one. The wheel needs a truing sesh.

I have just rebuilt it for my mate, so I know that this is all that is wrong with it, apart from the pound coin dent in the side of the down tube.

Oh, and it needs rear pads, grips, pedals, booster, bars because these flat bars are terrible.

My Bro went to his house, started counting out £250 for it, and his Mum stopped them saying it has cost him over £600 and he has only had it since November.

Whats it worth really, and do we go for it.

Edited by KuelMuel

to my knowledge the T-mag is cheaper than the T-pro brand new and T-pro's of that age dont go for much more than £250 second hand so id say its a fair deal cosidering the upgrades and the fact that T-mag' are soooooo easy to snap but from what your saying the guys mum needs top keep her snout out of what dosent concern her !

Adam

Well he has let my brother borrow it until his parents decide on a price. It needs a new rear wheel, big time. It is egged, the bearings are shagged out and even my skilled hands couldn't get the rim true again.

The bashplate mounts are also mashed up because he ran it without one, so you can't put one on.

The front brake won't adjust the bite point unless you tip the bike right up and shake it around, I found that out making the pedals spin round and round. :P

The pedals, grips, bars, brake pads and rear wheel need replacing. So even if it still £250, the answer is no now.

Well, he has ordered a T-Lite from Super Cycles.

It basically a Spec 2 T-Mag with a T-Lite frame.

Here is the spec:

Frame: Onza T-Lite

Forks: Onza Smart Guys (I think, I'll ask him).

Stem: Onza T-Master

Bars: Onza 30" Alloy Riser Bars

Front Brake: Magura Louise FR 180mm

Rear Brake: Magura HS33, Citrus Pads.

Cranks: Tensile (Oh Yeah)

Bottom Bracket: FSA

Freewheel: Tensile

Bash Plate: Onza

Rims: Onza Hog Drilled

Hubs: Onza Sealed Cartridge

Headset: Onza Sealed Cartridge

Tyres: Maxxis Creepy Crawler