Tv Show With Trials In It

PaRtZ

This is a long shot, but does anyone remember a TV game show on either channel 3, 5 (possibly 4 but doubt it) where contestants had to compete different challenges...

there was also a bit with a celebrity sport where each week a different celebrity had to get 9 targets in chance to donate money to charity (EG tim henman had to serve 9 balls onto 9 targets on a court, and david beckham had to hit 9 targets in a goal) and there was also another section of trials. The first bit was little posts and then progressively got harder until it got to a massive drop gap at the end. Pretty sure Matt Barlow entered it? :S

The very last game was a winner from one of the previous games chose a weight of a hammer to hit sections out of a tower and the more they got out without the tower falling, the more money they got.

Anyone remember it or have links of it?

OK it was called under pressure: http://www.ukgameshows.com/page/index.php/Under_Pressure But anyone got links of the riders in action/course?

Edited by PaRtZ

Was this the programme where there were like rails and shit with those red buttons on? and he had to hit them with his rear wheel on every obstacle to pass? and he did it? cos i remember it so well as my 1st ever glimpse of trials would love to see it again

I've got a few episodes recored on tape somewhere, I'll have a look and see if I can find 'em

I can remember the Policeman who rode a mod :)

I actually e-mailed Challenge I think it was ages ago and asked if they would start showing repeat episodes again, never saw anything though

:D

It was made for Channel 5 and then repeated many times on Challenge TV. Filmed back in 2001. Never found any pictures or videos online though. Have my one and the one with Tibeaux Moreaux (Sorry for the spelling Tibo!) but don't think I ever saw the one with Martyn Ashton in it. I have a few pics of the course at home (Scotland) where I happen to be going today so could scan them in and post them up if anyone's interested.

The organiser was keen to run the program as trials only the following year but the UK people in charge weren't up for it so he was going to take it to the Germans or something if I remember correctly. Fraz Milloy was also on it (OldSkoolKool on here in NMC) being very cheesy.

Crazy day. I was up against Rich Johnson, Eddie Tongue, Chris Ackrigg, Ian Cooper etc etc and never expected to do any good though. I do kinda wish I'd done something with the win though- with the publicity and stuff I could probably have got a good sponsor deal out of it but I was about to go to uni and just kinda rested on my laurels!!