Transformers

trialschallenger

Watched it last night as Die Hard 4 was fully booked. Glad i watched it instead to be honest. Was really good even though i was sat too close to the screen. Had to turn my head from one place to the other. All in all in was good but the cheese let it down towards the end.

I got in about half 11 i think from watching it, went to one cinema simpsons and transformers was fully booked, went to another cinema, simpsons again fully booked bu transformers was sit where you like, AMAZING FILM!

Best ive watched in a while, I can't remeber any of the funny bits though :ermm: haha

Considering it was a 12A some of the jokes smaller children wouldn't have understood, and just laughed because there dad did haha

They actually let it down i recon. A bit too cheesy.

Yeah i thought the same. The "funny" aspect to the sector 7 guy was the main downfall i reckon. While he may have been funny in films like mr deeds where the entire film has a silly vibe to it, i can't help but feel this character seemed too daft in a movie that was trying to set itself as a beleivable action movie. Even just leaving him out and giving the other sector 7 guy (the one with the moustache and briefcase that goes to brief the secretary of defense) a bigger part would have been a lot better. Hell if i was going to cut people out the fat black computer hacker guy would have been high on my list too, the computer consultant the hot aussie bird went to meet should have been less "squealy" and american.

I thought that while soundwave (midget silver transformer) needed a different personality to fit his teeny tiny body than the strong, serious guy he was before, some of the things he did were just ridiculous. For a robot that can nimbly swing through the pipes on the airplane and stealthily slide down the planes tyre, why oh why did he have to do that stupid walk past the security guards? It just wasn't neccesary or funny especially seeing as how he was trying to escape unnoticed, a cocky "i'm trying to look normal so you don't notice me" walk just didn't fit the slightly menacing ninja like approach he should have used.

Bit of a geeky ramble i know, but i can't help but feel it was dumbed down with a load of poor humour for the american audiences.

Yeah i thought the same. The "funny" aspect to the sector 7 guy was the main downfall i reckon. While he may have been funny in films like mr deeds where the entire film has a silly vibe to it, i can't help but feel this character seemed too daft in a movie that was trying to set itself as a beleivable action movie. Even just leaving him out and giving the other sector 7 guy (the one with the moustache and briefcase that goes to brief the secretary of defense) a bigger part would have been a lot better. Hell if i was going to cut people out the fat black computer hacker guy would have been high on my list too, the computer consultant the hot aussie bird went to meet should have been less "squealy" and american.

I thought that while soundwave (midget silver transformer) needed a different personality to fit his teeny tiny body than the strong, serious guy he was before, some of the things he did were just ridiculous. For a robot that can nimbly swing through the pipes on the airplane and stealthily slide down the planes tyre, why oh why did he have to do that stupid walk past the security guards? It just wasn't neccesary or funny especially seeing as how he was trying to escape unnoticed, a cocky "i'm trying to look normal so you don't notice me" walk just didn't fit the slightly menacing ninja like approach he should have used.

Bit of a geeky ramble i know, but i can't help but feel it was dumbed down with a load of poor humour for the american audiences.

Still that is completely right. But it was aimed at kids as well so what could we expect.

Thought it was absolute shit, really cheesy and half of it was just the transformers rolling around smashing up buildings and stuff.

Looked liked there wasnt any attempt to make it even a little believable and the plot was just dull and predictable.

Thought it was absolute shit, really cheesy and half of it was just the transformers rolling around smashing up buildings and stuff.

Looked liked there wasnt any attempt to make it even a little believable and the plot was just dull and predictable.

........ :blink:

say what?

The film was awesome. As for people saying it was too cheesy, the original cartoon was at the hight of cheese. If it was any less, i would have been majorly dissapointed.

Edit: Soundwave isn't in the movie.

Edited by Jay Jay

The film was awesome. As for people saying it was too cheesy, the original cartoon was at the hight of cheese. If it was any less, i would have been majorly dissapointed.

Edit: Soundwave isn't in the movie.

Yeah i know it isn't soundwave persay, but its his replacement. Apparantly the size difference between the casette player and soundwaves robot form wasn't realistic so they won't be giving him a part in the film line, as changing his transformation state would be massacre'ing him somewhat. Frenzy is his replacement.