British Championship This Weekend

Scotty Evil1

Surely the differences between the two 'factions' are not too big to overcome and something really needs to be done before next year before the whole National comp scene implodes...

Dave

:lol:

:lol: i think you'll find they are :lol:

:lol:

Edited by rugbyman

Surely the differences between the two 'factions' are not too big to overcome and something really needs to be done before next year before the whole National comp scene implodes...

Dave

Dave, the main problem is the ACU, as an insurance provider they told lies, I will not work with them. When I act as clerk of the course I need confidence that I am protected by a sincere entity and so are the riders I am providing the event for. I tried to form a joint effort with those that organize the "official series" but ACU insurance was compulsory. I and those I work with found that unacceptable, but this is old news.

THE POINT NOW IS THAT PEOPLE CLOSE TO THE ORGANISERS HAVE SAID THAT SUNDAYS EVENT AT KELLY FARM WILL BE CANCELLED - IS THIS TRUE?

All i did was make one little post, and its turned into a load of shouting over he internet.

All i want to do ( same as 95% of riders here) is ride at a good series of national level competitions with like minded riders, think i may stick to doing foreign events next year!

THE POINT NOW IS THAT PEOPLE CLOSE TO THE ORGANISERS HAVE SAID THAT SUNDAYS EVENT AT KELLY FARM WILL BE CANCELLED - IS THIS TRUE?

Everyone else has been phoned and told the event is on at kelly farm, where did you hear this bit of info? :S

Scott in reply to you;

Ben rode with "SamMonty" today, a phone call was made to ask where an entry form could be aquired from, Mrs Tupman responded and said;

The event may be cancelled. She said she would call back.......................................

It is the only piece of info we have.

hmm and people ask why there isnt more people riding comps??

so much bitchyness and sly comments just in one thread!

i dont know anyone that organises the comp so im not taking sides and this is how it looks from an (outsiders) point of view, people actually riding them must be sick of it!

the main problem is the ACU, as an insurance provider they told lies, I will not work with them.

I was suprised that it took so long for that point to come up, it is after all the source of the problem, had someone from the BIU decided that biketrials would move away from the ACU would it not be the case thet fred/barbara would still be happy to run the comps??

It's obvious that fred/barbara has the know how, and maybe even the nescessary contact's to make these event's possible, how can a club which has been around for less than a year, manage to run an event in the middle of a large town(or is blackpool even a city?) while the 'official' (ie count's towards world rankings) club of the BIU here can't even manage to organise a few portable toilets or a first aider??

Are the BIU aware that events are being run with no first aider? Surley that totally invalidates any insurance? not to mention the point fred made above.

Just looking over the ukbiketrial site, that is, the providers of the real nationals(not fred/barbara):

'Given that BikeTrial is an outstanding sport but a minority one, it should be underlined that the bodies that form the sport must work together to avoid any split in the system.'

Created by: Pere Pi (Founder of BikeTrial) March 2006

Admitted by: Libor Musil (President of the E.B.U.) April 2006

Agreed by: Hiroshi Hirano (President of B.I.U.) April 2006

Aims:

To improve the quality of the BikeTrial sport in the UK

providing venues of a quality appropriate for British Championship standard

providing facilities appropriate for British Championship attention

providing awards suitable for British Championship level

Can they honestly say that they have done that so far?

Has everyone seen the weather forecast for the next few days? Forget about the politics for a minute but if this comp does go ahead then it will surely be as muddy and slippy (potentially dangerous?) as if it went ahead first time round. I hope the sections aren't set out too difficult :turned:

I don’t intend to post in this thread again as I feel that Jakers contribution pretty well sums it up.

The problem with public forums is they are read by the public, many have no idea of the hard work put in by some to bring Trials to the level it enjoyed at the end of 2006. No one can honestly say that the situation that currently exists is better. Having two conflicting championships is not the ideal solution, but if “we” stopped running events the nation would be left with the lesser of two halves.

As things are I doubt we will ever see the likes of this again, take a look.

A REMINDER OF OUR WORK

Thanks for sharing, Rich. :huh:

Meh, just random observations of a troubled mind.

For anyone who would like something with a bit more substance; I have heard from both Matt Tupman and Anthony Rew that the comp on sunday will take place. Their words, not mine. Watch this space.

Rich

Meh, just random observations of a troubled mind.

Heheh, I was just kinda confused by the statement... still am to be honest!!

Yeah, Anthony PM'ed me to let me know they will be accepting entries on the day also (as he says in his topic) so if you're free head on down. The venue is really good, although I've never ridden it in the wet!

Dave

QUOTE(danny B @ Jul 19 2007, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i am going should be good thids weekend....

yes will be good as we are all at the british this weekend hope for a bit of sun slingers on his way to ours saturday morning then we are all off in the afternoon....

I thought you gays where minibiking it?

Good good though guys, should be good.

Phil.

Heheh, I was just kinda confused by the statement... still am to be honest!!

Yeah, Anthony PM'ed me to let me know they will be accepting entries on the day also (as he says in his topic) so if you're free head on down. The venue is really good, although I've never ridden it in the wet!

Dave

I'll be there observing.

Bribes in the form of cash, Visa and flesh people. :)

Rich

So has the Bracken round been completely canceled? If so this would mean there will be 3 very southern rounds (2 at Hook Woods and 1 at Kelly Farm) leaving just 1 northern round and the one in South Wales. Not great us for us Northerners (N) Surely the British Championships shouldn't need to use the same venue twice in 1 year?!!! <_<

I for one don't mind traveling but having two rounds at the same venue in one year isn't great. I would like to see more variety in venues and with a greater spread around the country.

Edited by cultiv8ed stan

So has the Bracken round been completely canceled? If so this would mean there will be 3 very southern rounds (2 at Hook Woods and 1 at Kelly Farm) leaving just 1 northern round and the one in South Wales. Not great us for us Northerners (N) Surely the British Championships shouldn't need to use the same venue twice in 1 year?!!! <_<

I for one don't mind traveling but having two rounds at the same venue in one year isn't great. I would like to see more variety in venues and with a greater spread around the country.

thats a very good point, why are all the comps down south. theres alot of good venues up north.