I Need A Rim

mad_rider

never had a echo rim so i cant say there good or not, ive had a fair few rims from:

onza ronnie

onza hog

try all 42mm

ronnie was heavy and dented like hell but still lasted a very long time and held a grind pretty well

hog was wider than the ronnie and much lighter but it didnt hold a a grind as good as the ronnie but i did not flat spot or dent this rim even with the wrong sized spokes so the wheel was not straight or round with rounded nipples

try all 42mm think this is the best rim that ive had its not as wide as the hog so you dont have to have your brakes set up right next to the mount, and its not as skinny as the ronnie, and although it does not have eyelets on this rim this has held up the best so far with out denting, flat spotting or even buckling.

hope this helps dude

i have an echo '07 on the front and a hog 47mm on the rear.

i must say that im impressed with the hog, i have rimmed it a fair few times and has not dented or buckled, i havent had to true it since i built it up. very good.

i'm also sure that the echo would be just as strong on the rear even without the eyelets, although i have had to give the echo a few tweaks from time to time.

dave

Dont listen to them echo's can get flat spots very easy unlike try-alls so i say try-all.

Bullshit (unless its the worst build ever),

try alls are lighter so more suited to competitions or weight weenies, but seem to dent very easily.

Edited by afroman

Bullshit (unless its the worst build ever),

try alls are lighter so more suited to competitions or weight weenies, but seem to dent very easily.

And they can't hold grinds for shit.

Echo 07 ***.

not gonna argue with you with echo vs try all, because i havent used an echo they may be better but all depends on how well the wheel build is and how hard you ride etc etc

im not a comp rider im purely street rider i love my man made walls and for me the try holds up but i do agree that the try all cant hold a grind at all

go for the rim that you like and has the most going for it, i.e. weight (if you want a light bike) if it has eyelets or rim colour and just get some new spokes for it, makes the wheel build that extra bit stronger

Many people say the echo, well its obvious by the people shouting it about here but my old echo

pure frame was too narrow for one so i got an onza ronnie (drilled) on the rear and it has done

me really well and it fits well in my new pure frame.

Go with the majority and get the echo.

Regards

Moggles

Yes, he made a point that stated otherwise, in terms of strength.

He said Try-All are strong. But so are Echo, and Echo rims don't dent like cheese and can hold a grind for longer, hence, Echo rims are better.

Im using a tryall at the minute, an I must say, its preety awsome. dos'nt 'dant like f**k' as someone said, its just... Good.

my tryalls have always been good too. if i didnt put a grind on every other week they would probably last more than 6 months