Parkour (freerunning)

charlie >est<

when i used to meet at the shell station in london there were a few lads there who were bloody amaing.

back flipping onto a ledge landing on thier hands and backflipping out again, was crazy stuff!

They did this strange thing where two lads run at a wall one did a huge backflip and the other a very small one and then ended up stood next to each other when they landed, was very good to watch!

when i used to meet at the shell station in london there were a few lads there who were bloody amaing.

back flipping onto a ledge landing on thier hands and backflipping out again, was crazy stuff!

They did this strange thing where two lads run at a wall one did a huge backflip and the other a very small one and then ended up stood next to each other when they landed, was very good to watch!

I'm going to try some flips soon. ive just gotta get over the concrete thing :D

It's well good fun, I am no expert but I dabble occasionally. We always used to do it on rides when one of us had a puncture, was quality.

I reckon if you ride trials your body is half way towards being able to do most of that stuff, just gotta learn it! Who's seen TRA's old vids where the 2nd half of the vid was free running?

I think Parkour is a good sport for trials bikers to do. In theory its the same...sortof. surely if you can do it on a bike you can do it on foot.

Not really lol its all about flips and and stuff, i bet most the people on here wont have the balls to do a backflip off a ledge onto hard ground, i know i wouldnt lol but thats because i'm probably a wuss :unsure:

JK

Real parkour is good, glorified gymnastics isn't. Flips are not parkour (usually, anyway)

Me and Woody were taking refuge in icelands carpark (as it was pissing it down badly) where there's a ramp going up to an extra bit of carpark, and there's a wall that gets bigger and bigger as you go down the slope/ramp... First did the bit of wall that was about 5 ft high, just pulling ourselves up onto it for the sake of it, then i opted for the bit of the wall that must have been atleast 7ft, got up it without too much trouble, was pleased, didn't really look down, dropped, landed, and went straight onto my arse! Didn't hurt, but was a surprise to say the least, arse got really wet too.

It's pretty fun to have a mess about where ever.

Edited by Fat Pants

Not really lol its all about flips and and stuff, i bet most the people on here wont have the balls to do a backflip off a ledge onto hard ground, i know i wouldnt lol but thats because i'm probably a wuss :unsure:

JK

I'm the least sporty person in the world. Im kind of impressed about what I can do already. Sorry lol i didnt mean flip a bike although Jack Balman flipped his bike the other day so he told me :D

Ok just to clear things up a bit:

- Parkour

This is where you get from point A to B the fastest way

-Freerunning

Try to get from A to B the most ''beautifull'' way by putting in alot of flips/twists/spins

I do a bit of parkour for 5 years now, not very intensive or anything, but still

It's alot of fun when you have some good spots, get a real rush from getting something big, just like in trials :)

I can jump 1.55m high to both feet now, and 1m69 to one foot, and pulling the other one up after that.

Running gap is at 5m10 now, and static at about 3m70 [never measured that one properly]

Biggest drop is 4 meter, don't really try higher since i'm afraid to f**k up my legs :P

Ok just to clear things up a bit:

- Parkour

-Freerunning

Try to get from A to B the most ''beautifull'' way by putting in alot of flips/twists/spins

I do a bit of parkour for 5 years now, not very intensive or anything, but still

It's alot of fun when you have some good spots, get a real rush from getting something big, just like in trials :)

I can jump 1.55m high to both feet now, and 1m69 to one foot, and pulling the other one up after that.

Running gap is at 5m10 now, and static at about 3m70 [never measured that one properly]

Biggest drop is 4 meter, don't really try higher since i'm afraid to f**k up my legs :P

Nice, do you have any videos?

- Parkour

-Freerunning

Really? I thought Parkour was the french name for freerunning, started by David Belle and Freerunning is just the english name for it. When I've seen David Belle talking about Parkour he always talks about making the moves 'beautiful' and perfect. It's also called Yamakazi in some circles... I've always used them interchangably.

Really? I thought Parkour was the french name for freerunning, started by David Belle and Freerunning is just the english name for it. When I've seen David Belle talking about Parkour he always talks about making the moves 'beautiful' and perfect. It's also called Yamakazi in some circles... I've always used them interchangably.

Nooo parkour was not started by David bell it was start by Sebastien Foucan.

Balls they both started it together!

Edited by trialspimp

me and couple mates just call it cheap trials as all you need is some decent trainers, but that dosent mean i dont respect what they can do and theycertainly have more balls than me to do backflips off walls and crazy stuff like that

My mum says that I am beautiful.

If there is some move in trials that is a bit sketchy, I have tried it on foot before to get the feel of how i'm going to feel when doing it. Not really Parkour I know... I have tried abit, just getting up stuff, juping to tall walls etc. I just feel a bit of a tit if there are people around :unsure:

If there is some move in trials that is a bit sketchy, I have tried it on foot before to get the feel of how i'm going to feel when doing it. Not really Parkour I know... I have tried abit, just getting up stuff, juping to tall walls etc. I just feel a bit of a tit if there are people around :unsure:

Yeah, I hate doing it be myself. I have to be with someone.

i do it fairly often. i remember on a pompey ride i was diving across the sice gaps into rolls, hands, feet and i managed to get up a 7 1/2 ft wall into a rolly polly lol.

me and dan walker got bored riding at some pallets on friday, so we were static jumping huge distances then it turned into a runup jump comp haha, we got over 13 1/2 ft haha

EDIT: reading ride a while ago, ask bessell about the huge static roof jumps at the uni

Edited by ash-kennard