Nintendo Wii Users

See, now that's what I thought and sounds utter crap... the whole point of video games is to give you control over what's happening and from what I've seen (as said before I've never played one) the Wii has to be at least partially removed that control... It's the same with a lot of games I can think of. Taking a classic example, I don't think Street Fighter 2 (or any other fighting game) could ever work with the Wii because all you can do is punch and block, the control of the character movement, jumping, special moves etc would have to be compromised by the 'novelty' control system the Wii uses.

Dave

I have only ever played the Wii sports game that comes with the Wii and tennis was the worst one on there.

Got a quick question for you Wiiers... I've never tried one and think playing one looks a bit odd from the ads I've seen. However, how does the control system actually work and is it as versatile as using a joypad? As an example, I've seen clips of a tennis game- I can understand the wierd controller thing working for actually hitting the ball and deciding on what shot's required but how do you move around the court itself? I have this strange idea that the games have to be partially automated (player automatically moves to where the balls heading so you can hit it) to allow you to do what's required with the controller thing when necessary... please explain!!

Dave

its not quite as cool as it could be, also think the novelty value would wear off rather quick with me,once it brings out some decent games that you can use the controller on, id be tempted as a console for gaming, with the bonus of having it for drunken party games, but for solid out and out gaming(motorsport, first person shooters, pro evo, and 3rd person action games etc) its eclipsed by the xbox360 and ps3.

and im not a fan of the response etc of the wiisports games, other games could be better(altho call of duty was utter bitch to use) but with the boxing game for example, im no top flight boxer sparking out ricky hatton, but i can box, so wiisports boxing should be proper good for me i thought, wrong, its rather slow, say you throw 3 successive quick jabs,swinging your body into on the last one, in real life, youd then be positioned ready to swing in nicely with a hook on the opposite hand. so try that in the game, and its slow, registers the first jab and thats it.

The control system is perfect

Taking wii sports as example is just stupid

Virtua tennis allows you to both controll the player and swing aswell, and it works perfectly

Some games also allow a gamecube controller, so people who like classic gaming can enjoy the wii aswell

Ok, i have a WII, and i don't play it its kinda for everyone in the familly and the games are prety boring.. Its conected to the internet and i was wondering is there a game like teken(sp?) were you can fight people over the internet...

If there isn't they should get making!

hmm maybe you dont understand, wii sports is a demo and not a full on game. its just to show you how to use the remote but i find it really fun.

super smash bros is on its way soon. its fighting but nothing like teken, should defo be online though.

dude resisdent evil 4 is good, bought it today, £24 form asda!!

also ssx blur is good

Edited by trialsguru

Meh, not my kind of game, anyone got excite truck? (crap name lol)

yep ive got that, really good, can get a bit repetitive though but still an awesome game.

ssx blur has been my favourite game on the wii so far, also call of duty 3 was fun but short.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=73yDRm8KaWY

Basicly im looking to know the title(s) of the game(s) at:

1:40 Mario galaxy - not out yet, release around christmas

3:50

4:00 (looks like a different game to 3:50) both the same, its red steel, meant to be pants but ive not played it

4:18 zelda: twilight princess. really good game although i dont have the patience for the dungeons and have kinda given up on it haha.

Cheers guys.

blimey im sad