Dj Memorial Ride Abingdon

Jonny Jones

Hey just got the new MBUK today and there's a great write-up of the DJ ride in Abingdon! Some ace photos and generally a decent write-up! Just wanted to say props to Mike for doing all the work! There's also Martyn commenting on how experienced riders get annoyed with younger riders for asking questions on how to do tricks when they're new and learning - that's in his monthly column, I'll let you people go and buy the mag now hehe!

Click the image to enlarge it.

MBUK_small.jpg

Jonny.

Edited by Jonny Jones

Anyone got a copy they could stick up?

(Actually went around every shop that might have had it nearby, and nowhere did, so it's not a case of "go out and buy it you b*****d...")

Scan of the whole of HipHop would be good ;)

Lol il do it when i get it through the post. Dunno why im still subscribed to the thing :S.

Oh sorry yeah forgot to say I got it in the post, subscriber, but I think it will be the last subscription I take out, simply cant be arsed with it each month, nowt interesting in it, and 2 pages for Trials a month, surely we're worth more than that!

See first post for edited scan of page etc.

JJ.

Edited by Jonny Jones

yes

nice write up , whoever did it?

glad to see the riders that were realy giving it there all were mentioned!

( i know fred was caining it that day! and he fully deserved the big photo)

that skip sesh lasted a long time :P

all respect to my homie fred, and to staples, rowan and mannings.

mannings u are special! a tru allrounder!

:bunny:

Nice one!

When's the video out Jonny? I wanna see it...

I lent my camera to a mate cos he was doing a documentary at Glastonbury and he's still capturing the footage (as now we've finished Uni he couldn't get hold of an HDV camera to capture the footage with) - so as soon as I get it back ill be capturing the footage and putting an edit together! Sorry for the wait once again!

JJ.

Very good article!!! The pic of manning is awsome!

Like Jonny said though, read martyns part on the left, that really does need sorting, if someone asks someone how to do it, it doesnt take much to "give em a hand"

the write up and pictures (as usual) are great well done mike (Y):)

Wayne.

i love the fact that the pics are of us southern boys lol. Was an amazing day, great laugh. Looking forward to next year.

I agree with Waynio, i love helping other's on ride's as i find i learn from them too. If you've got the know how, then you should pass it around, so other's can learn too.

i love the fact that the pics are of us southern boys lol. Was an amazing day, great laugh. Looking forward to next year.

I agree with Waynio, i love helping other's on ride's as i find i learn from them too. If you've got the know how, then you should pass it around, so other's can learn too.

yeah, you dont shut up :P

was an alright review, buti was expecting an article rather than 1 page

And everytime it has worked, like when ur tapping, hit it lower, next thing your on back wheel. lol

no, i hitting the skip so hard i was moving it, i know this because you said so lol. it was about 1/2 hour later when i came back to it when i landed back wheel bitch.

nick go poole tomorrow

was an alright review, buti was expecting an article rather than 1 page

To be honest 2/3rds of a page was all I was expecting. There's barely any Trials in MBUK nowadays, very annoying and not good for the sport at all! Ive had a few ideas surrounding this but it would need a lot of time and money and would need the help of a lot of people - basically a Trials specific mag that doesn't just disappear (BTM for example lol).

J.