Anyone Had Their T'internet Upgraded?

JT!

Becuase we have. From 2mb to 8 mb. Free BT home hub too!

I'm currently uploading at 50kB/sec on bitcomet. Never gone above 30kB/sec ever!

:)

The increased upload should effectively increase the general internet speed, in the likes of P2P programes shouldn't it?

Becuase we have. From 2mb to 8 mb. Free BT home hub too!

I'm currently uploading at 50kB/sec on bitcomet. Never gone above 30kB/sec ever!

:)

The increased upload should effectively increase the general internet speed, in the likes of P2P programes shouldn't it?

Technically it should... but only if other people do the same. Theres no direct link to downloading faster if you upload faster, its all dependant on if the other people follow suit.

We have had ours upgraded here as well and we seem to get 6.5mb/s so not too bad. I had a very bad experiance with the Home Hub because i had the start of Chicken pox and installed the hub with the microfilter then extension so it never worked very well and then i swapped it so it was extension then microfilter and all was dandy. I also got the hub phone in the post later on this week and it is just as good as well.

Has anyone actually seen any difference in speed or not?

I have a feeling that the little grey modems can only handle 2mb. Becuase our upload has doubled, but our download hasn't changed at all.

• 2 weeks later...