Pics Of Mr Hermance's Bike.......light

hugh_b

I should have weighed my DX32 front rim when i squared that, did it about a month ago :P

Started the rear but got bored after 10 holes :P

Adam

PS: The XTP pictured was the prototype V-racing, and Vinces boxx is loverly, only thing i would change would be for a front disc...

This is how iv done my oles

started off by holding my wheel in a workmate,

gallery_4703_944_26229.jpg

then i mark out the edges of the hole with a screwdriver and cut up to there with a jigsaw

gallery_4703_944_50479.jpg

then cut the rest of the material out with the jigsaw so you have the rough shape

gallery_4703_944_40673.jpg

then neaten it up with a file,

gallery_4703_944_55201.jpg

takes about 5 mins a hole maximum, once you have done a few you can do them quiker (Y)

my squares are neater! :P

Yeh but Ali, your whole bike has to be the most pimpyest thing out there, so you probably took about 3 weeks filing them out. Are you and Tarty Adam having a war of pimpness? Your ashton was the dogs, but its still Adams monty for me. :wub:

Didn't you make your own bash? And have modified practically everthing on your bike? Well I'd rather have your ashton the Hermances bike any day, his rear drop outs look scarily fragile now.

Edited by KuelMuel

"comp faggot" ha ha ha ever tried a comp have we????lol

I have indeed and do quite a few a year, and i ride a zeinth that weighs shit loads and i manage to do expert. After thinking about it more i can understand why he has done it and he doesnt need to worry about parts breaking. But i see it if people are going to these extreme lenghts to make there bike lighter and especially when its a koxx in first place which will weigh nothing. They must believe there bike is holding them back.

I dont feel the weight savings are mainly for going bigger, but more for being able to ride at a high level for longer, the lighter the bike, the longer you can ride it without becoming tired.

And of course a modified bike has a much higher pimpness factor. Hence the carbon fibre bash ring, extended Monty bars and prototype frame. Didn't you break your white frame though?

his rear drop outs look scarily fragile now.

You keep saying that but I really don't see why it would make any difference at all... The material which has been taken off is entirely surplus to requirements. The dropout is still doing it's job just as well as when the plate was bigger and removing the excess won't affect the strength of the frame or dropout at all. The only downside I can see is very little chain adjustment and little protection for the hub.

QUOTE(hugh_b @ Jun 28 2007, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Squaring the hole out on the rims apparently looses you about 100g-200g a wheel

~60g for the rear rim, ~35 for the front one. Did it to my rims when I had a flu and was bored. I guess Vincent has larger holes but still, he won't save that much on them :P

lets see your bike then i bet that looks the dogs nuts aye :huh::huh::huh:

Looks shit ha ha u make me laugh

That's his opinion, which he didn't force upon anyone, just voiced.

And even if his bike didn't look 'the dogs nuts', does that mean he's not allowed to comment on other people's bikes? Well, until everyone values your opinion and your opinion becomes 'the dogs nuts', I don't think you should be allowed to comment on his opinion.

And if he's 1st in the world, why does he think he needs a lighter bike? I hope it breaks during a comp :P

Tell you what though, I wouldn't be happy riding a bike with a load of holes in it.

Edited by ManxTrialSpaz

How much weight do you save by filing out your hub flanges?

2g max.

I don't think they are filed are they? Looks like a special magnesium proto (?) hub and the flanges look properly machined. Could be wrong though!!

It's quite funny reading these responses to a competition trials bike which has holes drilled in it... old news people! As has been said, if Vincent feels he can ride at the top level for longer if his bikes a few hundred grams lighter then what's wrong with it? He gets his bikes for free. I expect he has a small team of people who do the machining/drilling for him and if anything breaks there'll be another one ready straight away to put on. That's what happens when your dad owns the company you ride for and you're one of the best riders in the world.

lol, he should have helium in his tyres. lol. i bet he could sidehop well high then. lol.

maybe he does. ;)

he pretty much has to use those tyres anyway, being sponosred by koxx and all, it's not gonna look so great with him rolling round on michelins or something.

bike looks shit imo, i wouldn't be seen dead riding it. unless i was french of course, my taste would probably be different (bad).

i hope he does a lot of fitness work at the same time as drilling the hell out of his bike. making your bike anti-matter is just a cop out for putting in the time down the gym.