Show Me Your Signed Stuff

Class Clown

i'm a bit old for the whole signing thing, and the hero thing, but i did do a fufanu at a bmx demo next to martyn last summer at a surfing event. He was watching and we were having a chat afterwards and he was saying that when i first tried it, he didn't think it was gonna be doable and i did etc, he was all bigging it up.

I couldn't help but feel amazing about then, when he was the reason i ever learnt to bunnyhop!

that last line realy impresed me mate! Must be a great feeling!

I got a poster signed by the 2 muddyfox bimbo's at bike 03ish.

Were they the way too overly tanned ones.

Got an ashton t-shirt signed by Ashton and Hawes and then i have Ashton, Akrigg, Peat, Mosley, Minnar and some others just generally.

Brothers got an Alan Shearer and Kenny Dalgleish picture signed from 1995.

I thought we were just talking trials/ bike orientated

i have loads, my dads best mate sends them all down for me, i have them from as far bak as like 93! I have all of the world cup, ashes stuf, i dunno what it is, im not a sporty lad! Rugby tennis all of that shit, all of the well known players loads! I recon i have got well over 500 some where, actors singers you name it! Valentino rossi, carl foggety, travis pastrana... loads!

well i got mickey mouse scooby doo donald duck pluto the chipmunks bagera and mowgli cinderella and snow white.

all on holiday. im cool.

my freind had a t-bird sighned by ashton ..... got nicked .... from school.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow only just seen this topic:

ive got books by Dave Courtney (Stop the ride, F**k the Ride, Little black book, Raving lunacy) All signed

3 Signed posters of the (nice) flash b*****d

A signed CD of Dave Courtney "in his own words"

And a knuckle duster pendant that he gave me a while back.

Ohh by the way my dad knows him so he's at his house alot, im not stalking him or anything. Pics in a second....

EDIT - The pics wont go into my albums on here, and i cant be bothered to put them on pinkbike because there pretty small, well they will go on but i think my phone took them in a wierd format. Any way if you want to see some of it feel free to add me to msn.

Edited by thwaites14

I've got ...

• a framed, laminated poster from the Red Bull Bike Battle signed by all the riders and organisers.
  • Got a T from Bike 02 with all the trials riders from UK and Rest of World signatures.
  • A T from the last proper bike show which all the trials riders signed.
  • A Missy Giove T signed by the lady herself.
  • A cover of MBi signed by Dave Cullian when he was at the Bike Show.
  • A big JMC poster signed by Rob Warner, Steve Peat, Jez Avery, Tom Edwards, Martyn and Martin and some others - got that in '96 to help raise money for the JMC foundation.
  • Signed massive Fatboy Slim poster.
  • Vicki Butler-Henderson's autograph after I bumped into her at a motorway services after the MBUK urban tour in Milton Keynes.
  • Spike Milligan's autograph (a present from my sister).
  • Ruben Barichello's autograph from when he appeared at a PA in Leicester.
  • Juan Pablo Montoya's autograph from when he was driving with Chip Gannassi racing in Champcars which I bought in a charity auction direct from the team.
  • A copy of the Gutter and Stars CD booklet, and a copy of the the Surrender CD booklet signed by Fatboy Slim and the Chemical Brothers respectively,
  • a copy of Evolve signed by Reed Merchat,
  • a book about Nigel Mansell, signed by the man himself when I met him at a safe driving Government thingy in London
  • and some stuff signed by Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes, but if you're a fan, it's harder to get stuff that's not signed :)
Hmmm, that looks like a lot now...

Right anyone (Nick Carter) that thinks I might be bragging dont worry. I probably am. I brag about everything. LOL

I have a Spurs programme with Teddy Shreingham's pic and Sig on the front. I got lucky. Same day that he was on the front. I got his signature. Pretty pointless now though as he dont play for spurs.

Not to say anything about anyone here, but i really don't understand autographs. What do they mean??? All they mean is that somebody has scribbled something with no thought, care, personality or meaning, on a picture or a t-shirt etc. It wasn't written especially for you, it was just written probably becasue it was asked of them and it's rude not to. Even if it was personalised, what does it mean then?? Does it mean you're friends with them? Nope. Even if it did, why are these people better than us? I know i'd rather be me than anyone else in the world.

So what does that mean? Does it mean i'm secure, and people that get autographs are maybe insecure?? Maybe they aren't happy with themselves and idolise others as they'd actually like to be like them more, or be them?

Or does it just show respect. I respect someone so i will have them write their name on something and i'll cherish it.

But how does that show respect? Surely just by talking about them and praising their talent's, then tha in itself shows the respect you have of them, without having to have an autograph from them.

I have signed autographs at demo's and contests. It's a shithot feeling when you get asked actually, so for that reason i can understand them.

For the enjoyment of the person being asked, it's cool and a massive compliment. But the person who wants the autograph isn't asking, to please the star, they're asking for themselves, so the compliment that's given, is in fact a side effect of the real reason they're asking. I've had people ask me for an autograph a minute after a run in a comp, which is a good compliment, as they've just seen you ride and respect your work enough to ask me to sign their top, their book and even their skateboard once! But then i've had people ask me for one at a demo, and i said, you do realise i'm not one of the people doing the demo! They just said they didn't care and wanted me to sign it anyway, not knowing who i was even! I totally didn't understand that, becasue they went away totally happy after getting somebody they didn't know, to write on their T-shirt!!!

It's such a simple thing, but when you think about it and take a minute to step back and look at people's actions and reasons, it baffles me!!!

(This is one of the most serious posts i've ever posted i think!!! haha)

Um bongo Um bongo they drink it in the congo.

If I see you this weekend Bongo, I'm going to be getting you to sign everything! Including your own member... that way you can truly feel what it is like to be both the star and the fan at the same time! Cool eh?

I see where you're coming from - it is a strange concept. I never understood the whole 'idol' thing, it's like using the word 'talent'. It's like saying 'this person is far better than me and I can accept it', rather than realising that your own life is just as important as anyone else's, 'celebrity' or not, and that half the people that did well worked hard to achieve it, and aren't 'talented'.

• 2 months later...