The Bike Of Pete Wright

Ash-Kennard

Am I the only one to notice the ~10mm hole drilled in the CNC'd section? It's been machined to snap or summink wierd.

Yeah I wondered what that was.

Maybe he was trying to modify the frame for some weird project, screwed up then decided to blame Zona.

It also looks as if the bit that snapped off has been pushed back and forwards to make it snap from the wavyness of it.

Edited by adamtrials

the hole is where the valve goes to pump helium into it. I think the valve blew when the pressure became too high and broke the frame.

lmfao...at first i thought you were being serious.

Looks to me like its just where the rest of the metal has bent in, and because its stronger where the 'hole' is it bent round.

Oh my... So we are thinking he fukd around with it drilling holes in it and then decided to get it sprayed to cover it up?

I was sad to see him banned, I really enjoyed people ripping into him on TF.

Edited by 2sixstreet

You're all like a gang of school kids ganging up and bullying the poor lad leave him alone. Don't get me wrong i've done my fair share of pete wright ripping but I realise a fairly long time ago that his ways arn't his fault. If you don't realise that then you're the one with the problem. Stop ganging up on someone who can't even reply.

I have nothing against Pete or anyone else on the forum. So to give Pete a chance to have his say he has sent me an explanation of the frame to post up on his behalf.

Oh, and in my opinion, TF and bike trials as a whole, would be so much better if everyone just got on, instead or slagging each other off.

Now, here's what Pete has to say:

Where to begin.

Hello the lost sole of TF, shame none of you have grown up but a few have!

Right I bought the Zona Zenith off a mate that got it off Ebay and then he needed the cash. I got it cheap. It was new, still in the box! Now we all know how crap the paint job is. I’m now working for British Aerospace and took it to work and used the shot blasting machine. It fires an airy of media and this I used fine mesh powder to make the frame a dull grey colour which looks alright like!

I went for my first ride on it after being off the bike for 6 months and thanks to the support, help and fixing from Simon the Physio I can ride again!

So we went out on a Friday nights street ride in Bristol. Saw some nice drops, gaps and rails. The bike lasted 20 mins, well frame! As I was riding along a set of bike lock rails, I got to the end and as I dropped off the rail, ping! I can only guess I was at a funny angle of landing and it put a lot of stress through it!

Photos to show you. Sorry for poor crap, need to charge me batteries.

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

As you can see and if you are going to even bother to listen. THE FRAME HAS NOT HAD ANY PHYSICAL MODIFICATION MADE TO IT AT ALL WHAT SO EVER. ONLY THE REMOVALE OF THE PAINT VIA SHOT BLASTING.

The left hand underside is for you to compeer to the right hand underside!

This is what Super cycles, more in point Mike draws them up as and specs them as!

I’d strongly suggest you go look at other Zona Zenith to compeer, XTP and Cazar as there all a copy of each other!

The V racing thing, yes I got one. How ever you do not know the full details and I am not willing to comment!

Ash, sorry mate but just as Wayne has been given a kick-in for speaking out loud you will as well my son. You are here by dropped from EP Cycles with immediate effect. Shame seeing as your frame arrived on Friday and a load of parts ready for you too.

I agree with a few here, trials is so f**king gay now. You’ve got to go big, do this, be that and do comps, It’s never been just about riding your sodding bike.

Funny though as only one person got it right here.

There are only 3 words we need to know and one man.

FBM and DJ

Those that knew the man or rode with him have seen the change!

I’d strongly suggest to you all that you re-think things, more so you Ash as your name has gone round as to why you aint being sponsored now, a few big names in there!

Thanks to those that supported me here, glad too see you can admit fault.

I’ll see you all soon on a ride in Bristol this summer!

PS: The fag are bought in Montenegro and 200 cost 12 euros. Just handy to hold the frame up!

Pete Wright

Edited by 223_leeson

I want to know how its humanly possible to crack a frame in 20 minutes :blink::mellow:

Only thing I can think is that pete was conned and the frame wasn't new. just re-boxed. seriously, 20 minutes.... Will Arnold was absolutly raping his as was I when I had a go, and its still not cracked. Now davetrials has it.... they last a long time.

Didnt really know the background of this 'Pete Wright' but how the feck could it snap in 20 mins? Hmm.

You are here by dropped from EP Cycles with immediate effect. Shame seeing as your frame arrived on Friday and a load of parts ready for you too.

Unlucky?

That Pete wright quote from msn is UTTER BOLLOX and ill reveal why.

That frame was Jonny Mc's. Pete brought it off him for £20 when it was already snapped.

If you highlight all of Jonny's post you will see why.

So Pete, why proceed to lie even on msn.

f**king hell.

Danny.

P.s - That is indeed the first Zona Zenith to snap and Jonny put it through alot more that 20 mins of riding.

That frame was Jonny Mc's. Pete brought it off him for £20 when it was already snapped.

f**king hell.

Danny.

P.s - That is indeed the first Zona Zenith to snap and Jonny put it through alot more that 20 mins of riding.

:)

what he said...didn't know it was Jonnies frame though.

f**king hell.

Danny.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHA.

Providing that is true, the people that said lay off him should go sit in a corner.

if what danny said is true, then im gonan jizz my pants with either laughter or anger, i like you pete i really do but if ur just gonna make up bollox like then, im sorry but i will develop a dislike, cos i dont have time for people who talk that much bullshit.

Yeah okay, seeing as everyone else has already spilled the beans i don't have to worry about keeping it hush for pete in order not to affect his zona warranty and stuff.

Its jonny's frame, it was sat in my room for like 3 weeks, and it was severely battered while it was sat here. I could flex the driveside chainstay out by about 2 or 3 inches from the yoke, hadn't realised the brake mount section had been cracked as well though. This thing was awful to ride on and as we dismantled it the last few minutes of its riding life had the wheel flexing over to the left side and generally just bending about everywhere on each little pedal hop. It was like trying to gap a full susser without the rear shock attached.... utter flex'age!

Pete bought it and i posted it off for him, its now sat there completely snapped, whether from shotblasting or just pete pulling it off with his hands (it was weak enough for that to be easily possible) i don't know, but its now broken completely.

I would suggest all those sticking up for pete actually try and find out the whole story before having a go at other members, he doesn't have a reputation for exagerating for nothing, despite being a cool guy to talk to over the phone and on msn.