What Length Cranks Are You Running On Your Stock?

hugh_b

Hey guys, just wanted to know what length cranks you are all running on your stocks, i'm running 175mm tensiles with an 18:15 gearing. I seem to clip them alot when doing hooks though and niggely things. It's probably just me not having the crank high enough to clear it but i would like to know if i could get away with running shorter cranks with that gearing. cheers-hugh

175 burns with 16:14 gearing, i find the same, you get more power with shorter cranks too

yeah i have been looking at changing gearing to 16:14, and maybe having 170mm cranks. This will give me a little more clearance all round and save a bit of weight.

175........18:15........ How do you work that out that if you have shorter cranks you get more power. Longer cranks = more leverage = more force.

i think ogre worked it out, if you have more leverage the gearing will be easier so you wont get the same power, it was something like that