Trials Shoes

Up'n'away

Hey, i am thinking of purchasing some trials shoes.

At the moment i wear platform shoes but i would like to try some trials specific. Thing is i dont really want to spend £64 on a pair of tryall ones, and to be honest are they any better than just wearing some plain old platforms..

On a sidenote, where else sells them apart from Tarty..

Cheers

well, tarty's will be bringing out their new ribo's very soon however they do have a clearance deal on their old ones if you can get them in your size. There's also the ribo's off ebay/trialsman. Cleanbikes do monty shoes although they are quite expensive. Apart from ribo or try-all i wouldnt reccomend any other brand as i have found them a bit rubbish. cheers-Hugh

my mate has some ribos and sez they're quite good, not seen him complain about them, myself i use shimano dx's without the spd sole, they're wider like skate shoes, me having weird wide feet found this good as the ribos and montys were slightly too narrow. the shimano dx's i got were 39.99 from leisure lakes

The Ribos, Try-Alls and the Montys seem to be the way to go. I know that they're all rather expensive but I know that the Try-Alls are really nice to ride in as I have some myself. The Ribos seem not to last to long and fall apart quickly but are also nice to ride in. I would definitely recommend spending the money and getting some specific trial shoes. After you ride in some, you won't want to go back to normal shoes!

Richard

The Ribos, Try-Alls and the Montys seem to be the way to go. I know that they're all rather expensive but I know that the Try-Alls are really nice to ride in as I have some myself. The Ribos seem not to last to long and fall apart quickly but are also nice to ride in. I would definitely recommend spending the money and getting some specific trial shoes. After you ride in some, you won't want to go back to normal shoes!

Richard

I think the whole ribo's fall apart easily is the other way round, the try-all's fall apart easy. Mine lasted me 2-3 months max and thats was riding everyweekend and sometimes in the week. Huge holes developed in the soles and in the actual shoes themselves. My ribo's have been awesome really.

• 2 weeks later...