My Freewheel Wont Budge, Help Please

hugh_b

Right guys firstly sorry about the newbie question. I have a tensile freewheel and want to remove it from my crank arm. I tried the shimano bb tool as is meant to be used but it wont budge and keeps slipping out. Ive stripped it down so it's just the free wheel body and have tried smacking it on the edges with a hammer and screwdriver and a masonary tool. I've soaked it in wd40 and still no luck. How else can i do it? I have thought about cutting it off but dont want to damage the crank threads. cheers-hugh

QUOTE(hugh_b @ Jun 17 2007, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right guys firstly sorry about the newbie question. I have a tensile freewheel and want to remove it from my crank arm. I tried the shimano bb tool as is meant to be used but it wont budge and keeps slipping out. Ive stripped it down so it's just the free wheel body and have tried smacking it on the edges with a hammer and screwdriver and a masonary tool. I've soaked it in wd40 and still no luck. How else can i do it? I have thought about cutting it off but dont want to damage the crank threads. cheers-hugh

Fit the tool into the middle section, thats still on isn't it? stick a huge bolt through it and bolt it on tight, then wack the tool in a vice and twat the crank arm with a plastic ended hammer. This gives enough leverage.

Remember to work out which way to unscrew it, I think it is anti-clockwise.