Echo 06 Rims

samcooper182

O god you should have waited to her what people will say mate before you got it.

Well mines got 4 flat spots 3 dents and has like 20 cracks around the spoke holes and is also split at the joint.

I think they really are the weakest rim ever made. Whenever i got a buckle you could EASLY bend it back with your hands.

Ive only had it for about 4 months aswell.

Apart from that there not to bad mate lol. :D

This one I bought is apparently true and got no dents or flat spots. (it has got a small gap (0.5mm) at the top of the sidewall. is this a biggie?

I guess its just down to how people ride them more than the actual rim being 'soft'?

No reputable company would make a 'weak' product?

Sam...

p.s the stuff being done on the Tunni vid is mental though in all fairness!.

Edited by samcooper182

So what do i do about the one ive just bought from a top bloke on here?

Keep it and hope for the best or ask him kindly to give me my money back?

Dont want to mess him around but dont want a piss weak rim either!

Sam...

bite the bullet and use this lesson for next time. i reckon it will last you a good 3 months

well dispite what I've written above I have a mate who's been ridding one for a while and it's fine. But he never does anything big i.e. dropgaps, so it could be dependant on the style of ridding you do.

You may have fun setting up your brake with new pads as the rim is WIDE

Edited by ReverendJQ

Yeah, I have to say the same unfortunately, the 04/05 Echo rims (the ones with the CNC rectangles taken out)were f**king awesome to be frank and lasted for ever and the grinds lasted a long time compared to try-alls. So I thought I'd buy a new rear rim after 1.5years of reliable rim but it was shit and I mean sub V!Z rims shit but the grinds were good though.

Echo 06

There you go mate thats what happend to my mates when he landed on a wall thats also were mines cracked.

yup that would be mine :D to be absolutely fair that rim lasted a year and a half and went through three people learning on it :S so in my eyes it did a damn good job....i just uberly tightened my spokes and hoped for the best....

you should be alright man :D

ive had mine for about year now, not one problem with it, although i dont really do many big drop gaps etc.

But its been perfect so far :)

Ive had mine for about that time, nothing wrong with it at all, and im not the smoothest rider either, plus its taken quite a few bigish drops and gaps and screw ups. Id say they were pretty good rims, plus i cant be arsed to fork out a shed load for an 07 when the 06 are much cheaper.