Sidehop With Dualdisc...

t33zr

Concidering to buy a 06 Monty ti with dualdisc... But i wonder how its like to sidehop with dualdisc when i sidehop to left...

Will my rear disc crush if i miss the sidehop?

if you land on the disk it'll probably bend a bit.

I bent my front one a bit (not enough to stop the wheel turning) once and it just kinda straightened itself out as I used it.

Concidering to buy a 06 Monty ti with dualdisc... But i wonder how its like to sidehop with dualdisc when i sidehop to left...

Front one, I imagine, should be ok as noone ever really slips and if they do their bars are usually turned. However the rear one could be a bit buggered, that's alot of weight for a thin (relatively speaking) steel disc to take. If you always fell onto it perfectly vertical it'd be ok, but that's not gunna happen so it will probably bend if you miss a sidehop badly.

Yeah, again, if you sidehop properly then the bike will be at an angle, so the tyre will hit before the disc. Should be alright, I've cocked around doing trials moves on dual disc Jump bikes loads and never bent a disc, despite coming short loads. (Y)

It is really hard to hit the rear disk on a missed sidehop, as it is protected by your rear tire (if you look straight up from the "ground" you can't see the rotor because the tire is wide enough to protect it. Kinda hard do explain but hopefully you got it). As said before your tire or pedal will hit first.

Actually the only way I can think of hitting the rear rotor is by missing BOTH wheels on a sidehop.

yes, but if you are lucky you may miss it, but it extrmely tight to miss it!

I just realised that i ride PRETTY hard....

My chainstay is all over smashed by missed sidehops, and i had my ko-bike for like 2-3 months...

I wont buy a monty if i will smash the disc in a week... :P

anyway... people here have different opinions... some say the disc wont touch, and some say it will crack...

Maybe i wil buy a Pr instead?

then i can put on maggies if i change my mind....?

Edited by t33zr

My chainstay is all over smashed by missed sidehops, and i had my ko-bike for like 2-3 months...

anyway... people here have different opinions... some say the disc wont touch, and some say it will crack...

the pr has magura marta disc brakes, but the montey has hope mono trial which is alot better.

the marta might not be as strong as magies so i'm not sure if you will like the pr..

i'm getting my pr next week (hopefully tomorrow or tuesday), you could wait 2 or 3 days so i can tell how the marta feels compared to magies

there wasn't really a difference in power on the two I was on, they were both f**king powerful, I just felt that the marta had a nicer feel, and felt a lot more solid than the hope, and also the martas (I have found) to be a lot less temperamental than the hope.

but still, neither of them are gonna be bad disc brakes.

You can just put on a magura :-

ROFL!!!!

Oh, wait - you were being serious?

I personally side hop to the right, so hitting discs isn't a problem. But team-mate Dave side hops to the left and I don't think he's ever had to replace a rotor.

Those dual-disc Montys are absolutely superb bikes - if you have the money, get one.

yes but have you noticed all the people but one who say you WILL hit the disc have never even used one! :lol: where as me and chrios walker have used them for over a year, and we both sidehop to the left, and i have never, not even once, hit mine when sidehopping!

IMO magura martas are better than hope mono trials.

next joke!